How did this happen to my photo?

Thomas_V

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have a question about a picture I made with my Lumia 720. I made this one using Lumia Camera, but something weird happened.
WP_20150704_12_41_28_Pro.jpg

Does anyone know what this is, and why this happened? Is there a way to fix it (in the future)?

Thank you for helping me out :)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Something similar was also produced by my L1020, in Black, Cyan and Denim. Uploaded here is one of the latest samples, but in my case the dark bands are wider than in your photo. I've shared this symptom months ago in the forums, but it seems that you're the second one (second to me) that has experienced the same issue.

However, while using another app more recently (123D Catch app) which allows me to take a sequence of photos of the same object, I noticed that I also had dark bands similar to the one in your photo. These bands seem to appear in darker lighting conditions (Note to reader: not to be confused with the horizontal noise which is normal in low light at high ISO) and when taking a lot of (more than 30) photos in succession.

Another observation is that when the photo saving time becomes longer than usual, chances are that there are such bands in the photo. Did you notice how long it took for your photo to be "saved"?

WP_20150603_18_40_37_Pro.jpg

Thomas_V

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your answer.
I remember that it took like 10 seconds to save the picture. I just realised I had the same problem in February, the picture had more darker lines, kinda like your picture. After that, my phone was getting fixed because of a problem with the 'volume down' button, I mentioned the problem with the photo. But after the repair, they could not tell me if the camera issue was fixed. So now it seems the issue is still there... And I have no idea how we can get this solved..

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, my L1020 also underwent some repair after encountering a Boot Error. They replaced the "board". Now, once in a while there are photos that are like these.

Recently, I noticed that those photos appear when the phone is busy with something else, e.g. if the phone was saving a photo or an app was scheduled to run in the background the time the photo was taken. It might not be a problem with the camera, but with how the phone handles resources.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786