Running Windows 10 would like to revert to 8.1. How can I do this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Running windows 10 would like to revert to 8.1. Need help.

I am running the windows 10 tp build 130 on my ASUS eeebook x205ta. I am not happy with it for now and would like to restore to 8.1 but my laptop doesnt seem to allow that. I downloaded a bootable 8.1 iso and when i try and install it by booting and enter product key it says the product key entered doesn't match the installed disc image . My laptop runs windows 8.1 with bing. So i am basically stuck with a laptop that doesn't have its trackpad or keyboard working due to lack of drier support on windows 10

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: Running windows 10 would like to revert to 8.1. Need help.

In the Control Panel, go to Recovery and look for the option that lets you go back without losing your data.

The other option is to select the option to reload your system to the original new install. This will use the old Windows folder info to reinstall Win 8.1 but this method loses all your data.

To reply to any of the posters with suggestions, you will need only to join the Windows Central site and that will allow you to ask further questions and give more info so you can make the right move.

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo