07-13-2015 04:38 AM
32 12
tools
    I use Android as well and I still don't want it on Windows Phone, therefore I've never missed it and will continue to be happy not missing it!!!
    I don't use Snapchat on my Android devices either, but I think it should be available for all platforms, since it's popular.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    RumoredNow, libra89 and timster01 like this.
    07-08-2015 04:33 PM
    ...I think it should be available for all platforms, since it's popular.
    You would think so. However the Platform itself (WP) is not so popular. Certainly the person behind SnapChat seems to choose what he supports based on emotional maturity.
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    07-08-2015 05:35 PM
    The lack of snapchat did factor into my decision to go Android. While it did factor in, it was no more important a factor than say... War of Clans or whatever popular app games are out on the big two. The largest factors that drew me to a new OS were the ones currently hurting WP the most. The lack of mainstream banking as well as credit card apps. The fact that my choices of credit card companies are supported under Android was a huge plus. The plethora of news apps helped as well. Ultimately the switch was made less painful by Microsoft's fabulous Outlook app making my most used app pleasant to use.

I'd say the one biggest influence to going away from WP8 this late in the game was the demise of Weave. Nothing since had matched it for me since. On the other hand... what makes me miss WP8 are the excellent youtube 3rd party apps such as myTube, and whatever Rudy has cooking for us.

tl;dr: Yes, I'd like to see snapchat on Windows Phone. It would likely mean that other major companies had finally gotten around to getting their own apps on the platform. Which would be great to say in the least.
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    07-08-2015 06:17 PM
    Personally, I could care less.

However, for the under-25 crowd, it is absolutely a reason that they will not switch platforms. They are addicted to it, and can't live without it (so they think).
    07-08-2015 07:38 PM
    The problem, I think, is that if a trendy app is not available, some people may decide not to switch, I know this sounds like a stupid reason but it makes some sense
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2015 07:41 PM
    The problem, I think, is that if a trendy app is not available, some people may decide not to switch, I know this sounds like a stupid reason but it makes some sense
    Nah, it's not stupid at all... at those ages, social acceptance is a really big deal. No SnapChat, no social acceptance.

It's a shame... because it sounds like a match made in heaven when I work the job I do - seeing people in real time tranqulizing their childrens' constant desire for smartphone with a Lumia 520 or 635 simply because it's cheap and easy to get ahold of. Cheap, easy access into something so important for the teen-and-under crowd that uses SnapChat would create quite a boom in the Windows Phone userbase.

Though it's of no use to me, I think Microsoft should be doing everything in their will to assure the platform gets Snapchat.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-12-2015 05:13 PM
    Yehh agreed. It's a good point.
    I saw many people who just care about popular apps.....
    Just want to tell a short story....
    About a year ago Someone asked me
    Does your Lumia have candy crush saga......i said no.......then that person straight a way said, why you bought that phone it even doesn't have popular games......Just surprised that time...........sounds really stupid but its a real thing. And many asks before buying phone does it support this app or that game or if no then not interested in that device....and bla bla bla bla.

Later candy crush saga comes to wp
    And also I am happy that new apps taking a way towards wp.
    But some still are missing including snapchat and present apps also need to be updated...hope so....
    07-13-2015 04:38 AM
32 12