Do you want snapchat on windows phone ? Ever missed it on wp.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
% chance - not an absolute rule.

And having a job of some specific type or of any type is hardly a guarantor of emotional maturity...

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The problem isn't necessarily that it is from Microsoft, it's just that it didn't come from Apple.

I think that's how they think.

1. Is it from Apple? Yes -> get it.
No, not from Apple. 2. Do I really have to have it? No -> I'm done.
Yes! Can't live without the function! 3. Is there a 3rd party alternative? No -> I'm done.
Yes! 4. Is it from Microsoft? Yes -> Don't need it after all.
No -> Downloading.

Yea, that's a more detailed breakdown. On a sidenote, at lunch today two of my friends were talking about the Apple Music service trial. They loved that you can something like up to 4 phones on the account, that you can just pick any song to play, create a playlist, download it to your phone, create a mix and gives suggested music.

That's like Zune Music Pass that was available several years ago.

<crickets>

LOL. I am sitting there with my iPhone 6 and Lumia 640 and yes they know I'm a WP guy. I just like to make jabs and they know it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
% chance - not an absolute rule.

And having a job of some specific type or of any type is hardly a guarantor of emotional maturity...

Well yes you are correct. But choosing an ecosystem based on an important app or two could actually be a sign of emotional maturity, as opposed to displaying emotional immaturity by hanging on to the old for whatever reason(s). :cool:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I use Android as well and I still don't want it on Windows Phone, therefore I've never missed it and will continue to be happy not missing it!!!
I don't use Snapchat on my Android devices either, but I think it should be available for all platforms, since it's popular.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The lack of snapchat did factor into my decision to go Android. While it did factor in, it was no more important a factor than say... War of Clans or whatever popular app games are out on the big two. The largest factors that drew me to a new OS were the ones currently hurting WP the most. The lack of mainstream banking as well as credit card apps. The fact that my choices of credit card companies are supported under Android was a huge plus. The plethora of news apps helped as well. Ultimately the switch was made less painful by Microsoft's fabulous Outlook app making my most used app pleasant to use.

I'd say the one biggest influence to going away from WP8 this late in the game was the demise of Weave. Nothing since had matched it for me since. On the other hand... what makes me miss WP8 are the excellent youtube 3rd party apps such as myTube, and whatever Rudy has cooking for us.

tl;dr: Yes, I'd like to see snapchat on Windows Phone. It would likely mean that other major companies had finally gotten around to getting their own apps on the platform. Which would be great to say in the least.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I could care less.

However, for the under-25 crowd, it is absolutely a reason that they will not switch platforms. They are addicted to it, and can't live without it (so they think).

milfermon

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
The problem, I think, is that if a trendy app is not available, some people may decide not to switch, I know this sounds like a stupid reason but it makes some sense

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The problem, I think, is that if a trendy app is not available, some people may decide not to switch, I know this sounds like a stupid reason but it makes some sense
Nah, it's not stupid at all... at those ages, social acceptance is a really big deal. No SnapChat, no social acceptance.

It's a shame... because it sounds like a match made in heaven when I work the job I do - seeing people in real time tranqulizing their childrens' constant desire for smartphone with a Lumia 520 or 635 simply because it's cheap and easy to get ahold of. Cheap, easy access into something so important for the teen-and-under crowd that uses SnapChat would create quite a boom in the Windows Phone userbase.

Though it's of no use to me, I think Microsoft should be doing everything in their will to assure the platform gets Snapchat.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

Yehh agreed. It's a good point.
I saw many people who just care about popular apps.....
Just want to tell a short story....
About a year ago Someone asked me
Does your Lumia have candy crush saga......i said no.......then that person straight a way said, why you bought that phone it even doesn't have popular games......Just surprised that time...........sounds really stupid but its a real thing. And many asks before buying phone does it support this app or that game or if no then not interested in that device....and bla bla bla bla.

Later candy crush saga comes to wp
And also I am happy that new apps taking a way towards wp.
But some still are missing including snapchat and present apps also need to be updated...hope so....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb