What is this weird SMS message?

RK928

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I get this weird message once and a while after I first start the phone but also sometimes during the day.

The phone will ring twice, like someone's calling, but then this weird SMS text comes through (see screenshot). It only shows in the notifications screen, if I go to look at my texts, it disappears!

Very strange -- anyone know what this is? I'm on AT&T GoPhone, it's a Lumia 640, never had this happen on my Nokia 520.
Thanks.

wp_ss_20150710_0001.png

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It says it is a missed call.. not an SMS. Phone - SIM 1 it says.

It's weird that it has a date and time stamp instead of a number or Contact name. Have you checked with your carrier?

Do you have a Contact that might try and call you at 5:41am? It might be something messed up in the Contact entry...

RK928

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I thought it was an SMS message because of the way it's formatted. This is just an example, it happens a couple of times during the day sometimes -- sometimes not. It happened this morning when I first turned on the phone, that's why the early date stamp.

Next time I go by the AT&T store, I'll show them this photo. The info disappears from the phone, I didn't have this photo before to show them. It's not a caller or anything, I feel like it's some kind of weird message from the AT&T system, maybe because this 640 is gray market (eBay) ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss