What the hell is wrong with Lumia Phones and Wifi?

Luminator55

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
This is really frustrating. Everytime, I buy a new Lumia phone or try to connect a lumia phone to a router (5 different routers). **** happens. "The wifi network didn't respond." Every other devices connects to the router except a lumia device. (730, 830, 930).

There are like thousands of questions and still microsoft hasn't fixed this.

I tried:

enabling/disabling static ip on phone.
resetting the modem.
using a new modem.
Trying other lumia phones.
changing security modes on modem.
protected to open.
rebooting/factory resetting (hard reset) the phones several times.

None works. One night it connects, the other night it wont. This is definitely a software bug where something happens during the handshake.

If any smart people have recognized this give me a solution other than the usual 'turn off' 'reboot' 'replace' answers.

odero.pius

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Windows phone has one of the fastest wifi connection unless of course you get second grade type. Check if data connection is on and turn both wifi and data off before turning on wifi. If this fails then update wireless app, access point, network then reboot. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed sometimes on my way driving home from work, my phone thinks it is still connected to the wifi at the office. A quick trip to airplane mode and back fixes it.

Sportymsk

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing this problem occasionally after a critical update.. the update itself consumed only 1 MB and i haven't got any change-log or details about that from any source

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Long ssid with a - somewhere cannot be connected to Windows phone; my experience. Throw in a password that is not a number and you have ...

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
One possibility I heard of is that the DHCP timeout on the phone is too short. I don't know if that's true, or how to correct it, so I guess this is a useless post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo