Why can't I upgrade to WP 8.1 [Your phone is up to date message]?

Ahmad Nairat

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Can't upgrade to WP 8.1 [Your phone is up to date message]

Hi,

I've got an HTC 8S which had a windows phone 8, I connected it to a wi-fi network and added my microsoft account creds, then searched for windows update through Settings -> Phone Update.
it installed couple of upgrades and now it has version 8.0.10501.127 [I think it's GDR3 since I can close screens from the multi tasking screen].

Now when I search for an update one more time to get the windows phone 8.1, the update screen keeps showing a message of "Your phone is up to date, last checked <x> seconds/minutes ago"

It's not up to date I still have windows phone 8.1 ahead o_O

any help with this please?

Ahmad Nairat

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't upgrade to WP 8.1 [Your phone is up to date message]

Hi Ian, Thank you very much for your reply, I wanted to make sure about your steps and tried them over and over again and yet it keeps saying "Your Phone is Up To Date" ..
I made the settings exactly as how my Lumia 920 is set, and yet it keeps saying "Your phone is up to date" .. isn't there any other possible issue!?

Thank you so much but this issue is really pissing me off :(

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
There may be nothing wrong. It could be that your carrier hasn't enabled the update for your device, so your device won't see any updates.

If so, then you can side-step them using the Windows Phone Preview for Developer's to update your OS. You have to register yourself s a developer and download an app from the store, but you can get all the updates Microsoft have okayed for your device.

Here is a Windows Central page explaining everything: All you need to know about the Windows Phone 8.1 'Preview for Developers' | Windows Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte