Lumia 730-gear wheels stuck-hard reset-sad smiley

malvo26

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the sd-card inserted? If yes take it out and turn the phone on. That should solve the problem but it can take some time.

malvo26

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with a Lumia 820 and after taking out the sd card it took something like 30 - 40 minutes to finish the installation.

Anil Bansode

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I installed windows 10 on my 730 and when i hard reset the phone it shows the spining gears and after that it showed sad smiley face i tried to connect it to windows recovery tool but its not working.is there any way out?

Kurt Kristoffersen

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Now Lightening bolt and gear wheel and the stuck in restart gear wheel and sad smiley :-( happened to me yesterday May 19, 2016, i was trying to update my Lumia Icon (929) that I use with T mobile with great success, I was close to give up, but here are my solution and it worked.

As the Lumia Icon would not stop restarting and using all the battery I got a kind of mad and pressed the buttons like a made and found out that I some times was able to "see" my USB cable connected Lumia in my Surface books connected devises, so I start looking for the Windows devise repair tool, Link to site is here below, download the software and open it, now at first I could see the Lumia in my surface device list but not in the repair software, I continued to the itemized view in the repair tool view, clicked Lumia and started pressing the buttons on my Lumia to change from lightning bolt and the the phone started its endless gear spinning and restating.....and the the miracle happened.....the software got connected and I was asked if I wanted to reinstall the phone software and I said Y E S...:smile:, the software repair tool download brought my Lumia back to 8.1 and updated to the last software updates, I disconnected the the phone from the Surface and got the latest updates over WiFi.
(Including The Windows Phone Insider app, as I now knew how to fix if I got a new mishap)
Important to note: I was at no moment able to see how much battery there was on the Lumia but it must had been low, to be sure the phone had power enough I left the phone on my charge pad at all time also while connected to the Surface under the repair....I mean there was noting to loose if the phone would burn, but all vent smooth and good.
http://download-fds.webapps.microso...covery/WindowsDeviceRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

I have now installed Windows 10 on my Lumia Icon running T Mobile and it is working PERFECT:smile:,

I have enclosed some pictures so you can see that Windows 10 work on a Lumia Icon Phone running on T Mobile LTE, see speed test on four bar signal, WiFi turned off and Speed test on Bright House WiFi, one picture (poor) compares my T mobile Iphone 6S plus signal with the Lumia Icon signal both 4 bars /dots.

I hope this info will wipe all the doubt away on Lumia Icon is OK on T Mobile not......Verizon was too expensive for me with poor and expensive LTE.....T mobile is by far cheaper and faster :smile:

Attachments

• Lunia Icon Win 10 LTE  compare with Iphone 6 S Plus both 4 bars both on T mobil, of cause .jpg
    Lunia Icon Win 10 LTE compare with Iphone 6 S Plus both 4 bars both on T mobil, of cause .jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Lumia Icon Phone info 1.jpg
    Lumia Icon Phone info 1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Lumia Icon Win 10 phone info .jpg
    Lumia Icon Win 10 phone info .jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Lumia Icon Win 10 phone info 3 .jpg
    Lumia Icon Win 10 phone info 3 .jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
  • lumia Icon on T mobile LTE speed test .jpg
    lumia Icon on T mobile LTE speed test .jpg