How do I do a backup on multiple phones?

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Backup on multiple phones

Hello. I own a Lumia 520 and just bought a Lumia 640.

When I setup the 640 - if I restore the backup - will that interfere with the 520 in any way. Also, will a conflict arise if both phones are creating backup files?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Backup on multiple phones

Turn off application & setting backup on both.

Negative. You are denying a huge cloud function.

You can put the old phone backup on the new phone and save some time. You'll get everything that has not expired like out of publication Apps and messages/emails from before the show X amount of time period.

Thereafter, each phone will go its separate way on backup/restore.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site

My understanding of his intention is: He wishes to use the same profile on both phones at the same time. So, due to screen size difference, I wouldn't backup same setting (2 column & 3 column start page).

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Hello. I own a Lumia 520 and just bought a Lumia 640.

When I setup the 640 - if I restore the backup - will that interfere with the 520 in any way. Also, will a conflict arise if both phones are creating backup files?

No, it won't mess up your 520. Just make sure its name is how you want it (plug into PC & name in Explorer), & is recognized on the windowsphone.com website before you go to back-up on the phone to do a manual sync.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Unless you are backing up 2 different configurations on 2 handsets of the same model, there should be no issue. And that issue can be solved by giving the phones unique names as described above.

The OP asks about setup. Anything done during setup to use an old phones profile is a one off. It won't keep sending the changes made on the 640 to the 520 during each backup/restore. They will remain separate even sharing the same Microsoft Account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs