Hello,
    in the calendar app, the events / birthdays imported from Facebook appear, and it automatically puts alerts each day at 12:00 whenever there is someone with a birthday - 1 alert for each person.
    Similar with events where I am going or have been invited.- there is an alert 15 minutes before start.
    With sound, and notification with snooze / dismiss.

And this is quite annoying. Until now I have not found any way to disable the sound of these reminders, which is the most annoying part.
    I just want these events to be visible on my calenar app "for information", but not to get 5 reminders at 12:00 with sound, each day!

For any other events - specifically the ones I have created on Outlook.com's calendar I can choose the type of reminder, or disable it, but hot here!
    07-27-2015 11:27 AM
    I tried with online account settings and alerts.. nothing helped. May be i missed somewhere.. Hope someone will help us
    07-27-2015 11:56 AM
    Bump.
    Does no one care that you have to chose between
    receiving 5 reminders in 12:00 each day,
    or to totally remove the birthdays of your facebook friends from the calendar?
    08-04-2015 10:07 AM
    Does no one care that you have to chose between
    receiving 5 reminders in 12:00 each day,
    or to totally remove the birthdays of your facebook friends from the calendar?
    I came here seeking an answer to this question. The only way I've found to avoid the annoying reminder alerts for the Facebook birthdays is to disable the Facebook birthday calendar. Has anyone figured out a way to show the birthdays on the calendar in the phone without these alerts?

I imported all Facebook birthdays to my Windows Live calendar several years ago, and I've disabled those notifications to my phone at calendar.live.com. My understanding is that new Facebook friends' birthdays will not be synced with my Live (Outlook.com) calendar. I still have the Facebook birthday calendar disabled in my phone. It seems that Windows Phone users have to make a choice - either show the Facebook birthday calendar to display birthdays of more recently added friends or enable the calendar to see the birthdays and just deal with the annoying reminder alerts.
    08-31-2015 06:13 PM
    And just if someone from MS has actually looked at this thread - using the Birthday calendar of Outlook is a fail - quite often it don't take into account the HOTMAIL contacts birth dates when creating this calendar.

And also a lot of birthdays which are visible in the calendar if the original Facebook calendar is used, are not visible in the imported Outlook calendar, even minutes after the creation of a birthday calendar.

But I think it is already obvious nobody in M$ cares about this problem, even if Calendar app is core for WinPhone, and Facebook is part of the core of every mobile OS. And still they fail to provide robust apps for so important things...
    09-14-2015 01:47 PM