SD Card scan failed.. CHKDSK f/ running for over a day

al4life

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
So to begin with, my 64gb class 10 card has had trouble installing certain games such as candy crush saga and sonic dash. Also from time to time it will give me the message reminding me to always safely remove the card. Then it will no let apps installed to my card become available and then the scan SD card option starts showing up. Whenever I scan though it fails, thus results in me restarting just to access my apps on my SD card. This happens frequently. So I decided to run chkdsk f/ as administrator for the card. It's been running for days though even though 57 GB are available out of 64. Is this normal for chkdsk? Or should I rerun chkdsk? I do notice when I plug it in. It says there is problems with the SD card

Csabav64

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
This is an old post, but.... Maybe the next could help someone

I had same issue with my SD cards. I could find this:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I had formatted my cards with this (chosen an overwrite option). First the program said that my card is write protected, but after an ok I pressed the start again. All of my card (two 32GB and one 64GB) work now. The process (overwrite) deadly slow but when the program finished, cards work as a charm.
IMHO in any case worth a try...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs