Question about backups

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If I were to do a back up then hard reset but don't restore from back up will downloading individual apps (mostly games) redownload the backup data or does the back up only work when doing a restore from back up at the beginning?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It depends on the application. Some applications connect to your Microsoft Account and save data and settings in the cloud, connected to your Microsoft Account. If you sign into the Store using your Microsoft Account, not only will you be able to access the list of all the applications you've installed using that Microsoft Account, applications that saved its data and settings will automatically restore themselves.

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the application. Some applications connect to your Microsoft Account and save data and settings in the cloud, connected to your Microsoft Account. If you sign into the Store using your Microsoft Account, not only will you be able to access the list of all the applications you've installed using that Microsoft Account, applications that saved its data and settings will automatically restore themselves.
Okay thank you, I know this one game saves to the cloud I just didn't know if the restore works outside of the first launch after a restart.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss