Why does MetroMail no longer work?

nerwin802

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
MetroMail No Longer Works

Hello everyone, new here. Looking for some help since the developer no longer seems to care. I hope someone can figure this out.

So I've been using MetroMail on my Lumia 635 since I bought the phone and it has always worked wonderfully.

Yesterday, I just bought the Lumia 640 and reinstalled the app and now it just doesn't work. I sign into gmail and it just goes to a white screen that says "One moment please..." and just hangs there for hours and hours and doesn't do anything. It also does this on Windows 10 as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled it many times.

I don't know what to do...as it was my favorite mail app for managing Gmail on the go. I tried the built in mail client and its okay..just limited and it doesn't seem to delete the emails as they don't go to the trash folder in Gmail. Instead of deleting, its like they are being archived. MetroMail moved them to the trash folder.

I can't seem to find anyone else who is having this problem, people are recently installing it and having no problems. So what am I doing wrong? Please help!!

Last edited:

merthsoft

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: MetroMail No Longer Works

This is happening to me, too, ever since I changed my gmail password. Were you able to resolve this?

nerwin802

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site

Nope not yet. I don't have a choice but to use the built in mail app. Hopefully the developer sees this and releases a fix, I sent him a tweet and an email AND left a not so good review. I'm going to wait until Windows Phone 10, I heard that will have a new email client that will be better than than WP8. I really hope more people write better email clients for WP10.

JonasEk

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. No reply from support either. Sucks big time. Great app when it works. Must be apoelins servers down or something.

JonasEk

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I hope not, would be a shame. Last update was 2015-07-23, so I hope the dev is on vacation or something.

JonasEk

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Any other tips on good Gmail apps, the ones I found look like crap. Metromail was great when it worked.

nerwin802

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site

Yeah and it also doesn't delete like MetroMail does. It just archives it. Also it doesn't have a spam button either. But its better than nothing.

JonasEk

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Found the dev on reddit, seems like he's still at it, talking about trying metromail on win 10. Have to sign up to reach him, will try in a bit.

nerwin802

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site

I hope he fixes it. I paid for the app like 5 times to remove the ads. I want to get my monies worth. haha

nerwin802

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site

Its working indeed! So happy to have MetroMail back. I got a little excited when it finally logged in. I almost dropped my phone Hahaha.

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Looks like it's not working again, both the phone and non-phone apps. I get the "One moment please..." after the Google login page and it just sits there. Not sure if this is an app problem or if Google changed something on their end.

Winsto

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem, although not from a new phone. My story: -

update phone to Windows 10 Tech preview (interesting, Edge browser so much faster!)

restored to Windows Phone 8.1 (some glitches in Win 10 preview)

Setting up MetroMail app again, same issue.

I've already contacted the dev about a different issue (I've paid for the app, but now it has decided I haven't and should pay again). No response in two weeks. I'm about to report the app to MS Store; I think it's best to think of this app as abandoned/deprecated now, sadly.

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

I've already contacted the dev about a different issue (I've paid for the app, but now it has decided I haven't and should pay again). No response in two weeks. I'm about to report the app to MS Store; I think it's best to think of this app as abandoned/deprecated now, sadly.
I had that issue once too. I emailed the dev about it, then it started working again, and his email replay was basically "wtf?", so I don't think he did anything...I think it just magically started working again (software is sentient...I swear). The app still works for an Outlook.com account and any Gmail accounts still logged in (hopefully you don't have to change your password), but no new Gmail accounts seem to connect. Too bad...this was the only app I knew of that did Gmail labels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234