How does it work? Windows 10 says that I don't need to do anything for my phone to sync with my computer, but I connect the phone, I can browse its content and all, but it doesn't sync my photos.
    How can I setup automatic photo syncing with Windows Phone 8.1 on Windows 10?
    08-10-2015 08:14 AM
    You need to enable the photo upload to OneDrive. Thats the only way to "sync" photos. OR you use the Windows Phone Desktop application to sync.
    yanpaulo likes this.
    08-10-2015 08:18 AM
    Oh, dammit! I'm feeling deceived right now :p
    08-10-2015 08:23 AM
    Both sync photos to OneDrive (the cloud). WP8.1 by default. Windows 10 if you have OneDrive enabled and store photos in your OneDrive folder.

The Windows 10 desktop app will show OneDrive photos and local photos.

The Windows 10 Mobile app will show OneDrive photos and local photos.

So for those, you see everything. But for WP8.1 you have to use the OneDrive app on the phone to see cloud uploaded desktop photos.
    08-10-2015 08:26 AM
    Note, you can enable upload from the phone to the cloud in the Settings - Camera and Photos so the desktop will see them.
    08-10-2015 08:27 AM
    How does it work? Windows 10 says that I don't need to do anything for my phone to sync with my computer, but I connect the phone, I can browse its content and all, but it doesn't sync my photos.How can I setup automatic photo syncing with Windows Phone 8.1 on Windows 10?
    The cloud has done away with desktop syncing. Only BlackBerry has desktop sync software available. Nowadays, if it's in the cloud, it's in your computer. You're going to have to manually copy items to your PC if you want to keep a backup.
    yanpaulo likes this.
    08-10-2015 08:35 AM
    I don't believe automatic syncing was ever claimed as a feature. Plug you phone into the PC and look for Phone Companion in All Apps. You'll see what's available.
    yanpaulo likes this.
    08-10-2015 08:38 AM
    The cloud has done away with desktop syncing. Only BlackBerry has desktop sync software available. Nowadays, if it's in the cloud, it's in your computer. You're going to have to manually copy items to your PC if you want to keep a backup.
    Oh well, you're right. I myself do prefer cloud syncing than anything else.
    I was just curious about they removing that feature which was present in Windows 8.
    08-10-2015 08:50 AM
    Oh well, you're right. I myself do prefer cloud syncing than anything else.
    I was just curious about they removing that feature which was present in Windows 8.
    Windows Mobile Device Center (ActiveSync) was last featured on Windows 7. I'm as old-school as they get, I want my music and photos on something I can hold in my hands. Due to my OCD nature, I have everything on an SD card and a backup on a CF card. Pilot training taught me the value of redundant systems.
    yanpaulo likes this.
    08-10-2015 09:10 AM