Texts not sending/receiving until reboot

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Wifey is on an AT&T Lumia 520 (unlocked, but used on Cricket) on latest 8.1.1 Cyan DP after she dropped her iPhone 5c. Pretty sure the phone was on for a couple weeks straight without a reboot, and at some point, no texts were received, and her sent texts were showing as sent. I went to check something in the Settings menu, but it wouldn't load. "Odd", I thought, so of course, I rebooted the phone. Yes, the Settings menu worked again, but all of a sudden, she received a bunch of texts (backdated a couple days), and all of her sent texts from the previous few days finally sent (I personally got two from her, both dated about two days prior, while other people were all "uh, this seems like it was from a few days ago"). I've never had this issue on my AT&T 920 (also latest 8.1.1 Cyan DP on Cricket), but I end up rebooting my phone every other day due to whatever weird battery draining problem the 920 has (reboot always fixes it). Anyone else seen this issue? Do I tell her to just reboot the phone once a week and call it good? She's looking at upgrading from the 520 (understandably) and wants to know if this is a typical issue for Windows Phones, or if it was just a one-time weird thing. Thanks.

authorandrew

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
My wife has the same issue with a 530. It's totally stumped me. She also misses calls when the phone is locked over the messaging app -- it doesn't ring at all. Reboot always fixes the messaging issue. It's driving her crazy. (BTW, we're on T-Mobile)

Basically a more verbose way of saying 'bump,' me too.

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My wife has the same issue with a 530. It's totally stumped me. She also misses calls when the phone is locked over the messaging app -- it doesn't ring at all. Reboot always fixes the messaging issue. It's driving her crazy. (BTW, we're on T-Mobile)

Basically a more verbose way of saying 'bump,' me too.
Haha...well we're not alone, so we're not crazy, but that also means it might not be as rare as I was hoping. At least with your "me too" being on a 530, a common factor is that this is happening on low end phones. I always wondered if maybe the 512MB RAM wasn't quite enough and a process got stuck somewhere because of that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I had a 521 as my previous primary phone and I have never had this issue, even after updating to 8.1.1. That's kind of strange, and makes me wonder if there's some kind of glitch going on with phones or possibly a network issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon