Why does my browser redirect to a GooglePlay ad site?

Tomasklp

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Bought lumia 640xl. Inserted a card from my old android phone. The problem is, when i'm browsing and going to some pages (it doesnt make a difference to what pages) phone redirects me to "play.trafftracker.com" page. It happens not all the time, but frequently. It is very annoying. This problem also was on my old android phone. Sd card was formated. Its seems like a malware or smthng.. How to solve it?

Tomasklp

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Scanned it, didnt show anything. Also formated sd card. Didnt help. Tried to change router DNS server. Also didnt help... I hate brosing becouse of this.. Anyone know what to do?

asna_n800

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Scanned it, didnt show anything. Also formated sd card. Didnt help. Tried to change router DNS server. Also didnt help... I hate brosing becouse of this.. Anyone know what to do?

Same thing is happening with me from few days and this same traff...whatever keeps showing everytime and it's so annoying. Did clear all data etc on IE but to no avail. Now all I think is that I've to format my phone but if I restore my settings after formatting, will that bug/virus return too? It's really frustrating as everybody on internet is flat out dismissing any chances of virus but no body can exactly explain what's happening.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
It's really frustrating as everybody on internet is flat out dismissing any chances of virus but no body can exactly explain what's happening.

Very few of the issues people blame on malware are actually malware. That's just the go-to explanation used when something isn't understood. Someday, somebody, somewhere will actually encounter the first real malware on WP, but the chances of you being that person are almost zero. That's why everyone on the internet is telling you that you don't have malware... and they are very likely correct... you should be happy about that.

Anyway, without access to your phone, it's impossible for someone else to tell what your phone is doing.

First disable IE synching (in Settings > Sync My Settings). Then close all your browser's tabs and then clear IE's cache. Also clear your temporary files in storage sense. Last but not least, consider soft resetting the device (shouldn't be necessary but just in case).

If that doesn't help then the next step is to find out if the same thing happens when accessing the internet through your home WiFi, some other WiFi router, and/or your carrier's network (with WiFi disabled). Report back on what you find.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6