Phone randomly restarts when placed onto a table - Is it a hardware problem?

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

I have my 1 month old Lumia 830 here and already experiences some slight problems.

First it was my search button that promptly does not work half the time once I applied a screen protector on. I read the forums about it being a widespread issue and from then on dealt with the issue.

BUT -
I recently noticed my phone is restarting on it's own every time I place it down on a table with a slight bit more force than usual.

Is this bad? Is their an on board setting that is causing this? Is it hardware?

Thanks!

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
The screen protector issue is in fact wide spread. The capacitive keys on the Lumia 830 aren't that great and they're not nearly sensitive enough.
About the restarting, is the battery secure? Is the back shell secure? It definitely sounds like a hardware issue but not one I've heard of before.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Table top reboot is a loose battery. As Zachary says, check that back cover. It can be fiddly to get on all the way around.

Otherwise use the paper shim trick to tighten up the way the battery seats... Fold a small piece maybe 3 thicknesses and wedge between the battery and the well on the side opposite the contacts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans