Xbox Video purchasing TV/movies w/o asking for PIN or password

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone has the issue that Xbox video purchasing TV shows/movies without asking for your Wallet PIN or password?

It was my fault that my kids were messing around with my phone. However, Xbox video just bypasses the Wallet PIN and password to purchase any TV shows and movies.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
You can do a couple things here.
1. Contact @xboxsupport via twitter and they will give you all the specific support you need. That team is by far the best support system I've ever seen.
2. You can go to xbox.com and log in and go to your account -> Security and turn on two-step authentication. This will fix two things, one it will require extra authentication, but also, it will add an extra step should anyone attempt to hack your account.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I already contacted, and they refunded the purchases.
I will setup the two step authentication to prevent that as well.

Thanks,

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually it uses the Microsoft account, and I already have two step authentication on it already.
The support forwards my issue to higher tier. Hope they come back to me with the solution. Right now, the only way for me is to remove all credit cards from the account.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
xboxsupport are the experts...
How did your kids buy whatever they did? Via computer or phone? If computer, 2-step auth should have prompted you for something... If phone, is it a windows 8.1 phone? If so, then did you check your wallet settings? Mine has a toggle to turn on PIN, then a checkbox, to protect from purchases. Also if this is the case, that your kids did it via phone, might I recommend adding a pin to log on to your phone and activate Kids Corner for them to use.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep, they bought the TV shows from Windows Phone 8.1 Xbox video app. Yes I have the PIN set on the wallet, and check the box that requires to enter PIN for every purchases. It works on WP store or in app/game purchase. However, within xbox video, my kids can click on the TV show and buy it w/o the need to enter the PIN number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6