Assign drive letter to Windows phone ?

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I want to try and recover some lost photos and videos from a hard reset. We thought the files were backed up on Onedrive but can't find them there now. I found some software that might be able to recover it but I need to have the phone assigned a drive letter for it to work. Anyone know how or if this can be done? Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Can't be done, sorry.

If you have an SD card, connect that directly and you can do the thing, otherwise you're screwed. Assuming you've checked OneDrive's recyclebin and eveyrhting.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, was starting to get that feeling. I'm pretty sure that the video/photos didn't make it to onedrive in the first place. I think she took some videos and photos right after she got the phone and we didn't get the automatic back up turned on for a bit. We thought it would back everything but it looks like it only backed up what was taken from that point on? Thanks for the help

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I had another question I was hoping you might be able to help me with. I copied all the photos from one drive back into the camera roll folder (which was most of the pictures thankfully) but now they are just listed as "older photos" instead of by date like they were before. Is there a way to organize them again to be like they were before? Thanks

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I deselected "Group my photos by time and location" and everything is organized again now by month. Seems counter intuitive to me but worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett