Glance Screen app installed, but not on apps list. Help.

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded my Nokia Lumia 1020 to Windows 10 Mobile build 10549 from Windows Phone 8.1. I then downgraded back to WP8.1 and restored a backup. One of the apps that was being restored was the Glance Screen app, but after the whole process was complete, the Glance Screen app was missing from the apps list. Glance Settings is in settings, but the Glance Screen app is not in the apps list.

I then went to the Store to see if I could download it, but the Store says the app is ALREADY installed. When I hit "View" it takes me to the Start Screen.

Anyone have a solution to this? Please don't mention SysApp Pusher as I already tried that. Thanks!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It lives in Settings, inside the "Extras" branch. You won't find it in the apps list because it's a "settings" app.

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It lives in Settings, inside the "Extras" branch. You won't find it in the apps list because it's a "settings" app.

There is Extras & Info but there isn't anything there except that it tells me I have Lumia Denim. I mean the Glance Screen App (for backgrounds) not the Glance Screen option in Settings.

nblew

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I hate the glance screen background. It kills my battery on my 1520 and I don't like the way it looks. Up until 10549 I could go to the store link and force open the app, but now it says it can't open because it's not compatible with this device...

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I hate the glance screen background. It kills my battery on my 1520 and I don't like the way it looks. Up until 10549 I could go to the store link and force open the app, but now it says it can't open because it's not compatible with this device...

So you don't know why it isn't in my app list on 8.1? Kills battery? That's a first.

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
So you don't know why it isn't in my app list on 8.1? Kills battery? That's a first.

It seem that u dont know what glance screen is.
Its not an app like other apps its a feature to get some information without touching the phone its a copy of what u set to show on the lock screen so it lives in the settings to enable it or disable and control

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It seem that u dont know what glance screen is.
Its not an app like other apps its a feature to get some information without touching the phone its a copy of what u set to show on the lock screen so it lives in the settings to enable it or disable and control

From what I can read, it seems you are the one that is confused.

Yes, there's a Glance Screen settings option in the Settings list, but I am talking about the Glance Screen background app. Perhaps you're unaware that you can add custom backgrounds using this app. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ance-background%2F9wzdncrfhw46&token=ZFs0e6fi

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, really dislike the new OS. Fine on the desktop, but W10M is so gross compared to Windows Phone. If the rumors of an Intel/Surface phone are true, then I may get that, assuming the OS has gotten rid of "loading" screens by then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos