What does changing the region settings do?

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Region settings

Reseting new phone and asking myself does it really matter do you put your own, true region settings or USA for example ?
On my other phone when i put my original regiona i notice that i miss some app in the store, swiching to USA fix it..but will that make some problems with my other things like calendar, mail whole phone usage basicly.. or changing regions is nothing special?

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Region settings

Unfortunately, region settings are deeply integrated into Windows Phone. You sure get some benefits by switching to another region but you may encounter problems in a long run. For example, if you switch to region USA and INTERNATIONAL ASSIST is enabled, your phone may start dialing numbers beginning with +1 xxx xxxx-xxxx and, all of a sudden, you're making an international call to someone in the US.

The above was only one example. If you're tech-savvy enough and you fully understand every single region setting within you phone, you can fine-tune it and prevent problems such as mentioned above. However, if you're uncertain, just keep the original region settings for your country.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Region settings

Thanks for response.
To be honest, i mainly experiment with regions because Cortana. Hope that don't braek something.. or call someone !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro