My phone activates location everytime I unlock it.

MataRatos

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Does this happen to you?
Everytime I unlock my phone, a Lumia 640, the location icon (GPS) appears for a couple of seconds, then goes away. If I lock my phone, wait a couple of minutes, then turn it back on it will display it again. I believe it may be eating up my battery, but I can't figure out what app or setting is interested in knowing where I am evertime I unlock my phone. :)
I've already disabled location in about every app and setting I could find, and still it does the same. I know I can disable location and only enable when I need it, but it shouldnt be necessary, if only it would be enabled when I open an app that needs it.
Does anyone know what might be doing this?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Likely it is just the system.

I have my Location turned on 24/7 and don't restrict Apps I use from checking it. I don't really think it's a big battery drain and I like the added functionality and services it enables.

That said, I don't have any social media and I understand those things are pretty hot for tracking you.

MataRatos

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I don't really use a lot of social media also, and the ones I do have location turned off. I checked now that even just turning screen on activates location. Maybe it has something to do with sensorcore...? I believe my L620 didn't do this.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My phones do the same. Most likely it is the system. It probably is taking a poll so that it knows Location when queried by system functions and other Apps.

You could try turning off Settings > advertising id... Again, I don't think Location is all that much battery drain, IMHO. You probably will get more mileage out going to Settings > battery saver > usage and restricting some things from running in the background that aren't needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans