So I'm back to a windows phone after two years without one. What are some of the best recommended 8.1 apps for news and weather, also what are you guys using for Twitter? Is there a good windows alternative? Thanks!
    11-01-2015 01:14 AM
    So I'm back to a windows phone after two years without one. What are some of the best recommended 8.1 apps for news and weather, also what are you guys using for Twitter? Is there a good windows alternative? Thanks!
    For Twitter, I would suggest Aeries or Tweetium. Aeries doesn't have notifications yet, but it is being worked on. At the moment, I have the official Twitter app installed, but I only use it for notifications. Tweetium has a subscription thing though, in order to have notifications. For me, having the official app for notifications and Aeries for everything else, works just fine for me.
    11-01-2015 02:56 PM
    Another big fan of Aeries for Twitter. Appy Weather is my favorite weather app. Detailed with lots of customization options and notifications. Has the most reliable live tile of any app, weather or otherwise, I've ever installed. Only lacks radar. Costs $4, but was more than worth it. NextGen Reader is great for all my RSS news feeds. For free news apps, I really like the CBS News app and Flipboard.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-01-2015 03:41 PM
    I'm also a great fan of series for Twitter. And the native app for weather it's not bad.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-07-2015 10:38 AM