Does the WP8.1 keyboard adapt to your writing?

john24ssj

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

Still new to WP and I had a question. Been using my phone for a week I am rather unimpressed with the keyboard and swype functionality.
I have to keep on correcting the keyboard every single time on same words. It feels like the keyboard is not learning anything at all form my typing. Compared to my previous phones Nokia N9 and Jolla had great keyboards and adapted to my writing within few days.

I wanted to ask does WP keyboard adapt to how you write? If so how do I enable it?

Paul215821

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it will build up its dictionary the more you type. Not just single words, but also combinations you use together frequently. Do you have your keyboard set to the right language by the way? Just making sure, because the keyboard seems to be fairly spot on to me.

WPhone

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
For the swyping part of the keyboard, I have never experienced any learning effect. Even for frequently used words, it keeps suggesting the same alternative, also when I consistently choose the same other alternative.

john24ssj

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
For the swyping part of the keyboard, I have never experienced any learning effect. Even for frequently used words, it keeps suggesting the same alternative, also when I consistently choose the same other alternative.

Ahh well that might be my thing. Because I use swype functionality of the keyboard and it does not adapt at all, this might only work if you type text

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it has worked with me when it comes to typing text. Even suggesting contact names when I start to type something close to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786