One of the reasons windows phone interested me is the live tiles. The only live tiles I have working now are photos, people app and windows central app. Anybody have any suggestions for some cool apps that utilize the live tile capability? I've read that text messaging is a live tile but I can't make it work for me. And I'm on an HTC 8xt that's stuck on 8.1 apparently.
    Thanks
    11-15-2015 11:30 PM
    The weather app works good on the live tile, so does the messaging app and the calendar app. Pretty much most apps do. Some only work in the large tile mode, and some work on both - medium and large. So if you have problems with the tiles I suggest repining them, resizing them, or checking in the app settings.
    Third party apps that do a good job with the tiles are pretty much most weather apps and apps like Today Widgets (this also helps with the lock screen).
    libra89 and offroadjunkie like this.
    11-15-2015 11:36 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. On my phone I have these apps pinned to my start screen full sized and they don't have live tiles, or I can't make them work anyway. The phone app, google mail, outlook mail, text messaging, uc browser, and 6tag. Are these normally live tiles on an HTC 8xt with WP 8.1?
    I do have the HTC weather app pinned to the start screen and it shows the current temperature.
    Any suggestions? I'll try them. I'm new and still looking for some good apps that work and have been updated.
    11-15-2015 11:54 PM
    Some live tiles only give you a notification count. The ones that show info like weather email sms might need to be enabled in settings. News app is a good live tile as is windows central,photos weather facebook & facebook messenger
    libra89 and offroadjunkie like this.
    11-16-2015 12:04 AM
    I've checked the settings menu for live tiles in the SMS app, phone, and both email apps. Can't seem to find it. I'm wondering if they can't be live tiles on my phone?
    11-16-2015 12:09 AM
    Its only live when you get a new message
    offroadjunkie likes this.
    11-16-2015 12:24 AM
    You are right, I just checked it. Both the SMS and phone live tiles only work when I have a message or missed call. Thanks.
    11-16-2015 07:07 AM
    I would very much like to see if Phone tile would also show who called or a phone nubber from missed call.
    11-16-2015 07:36 AM
    You are right, I just checked it. Both the SMS and phone live tiles only work when I have a message or missed call. Thanks.
    It also shows if you have a new voicemail too.

Also, I'm surprised that no one mentioned Cortana. She shows temperature, flight info (if it applies), news headlines, etc.
    11-16-2015 07:55 AM