How do I reset an account PIN on Windows 8.1 phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

reset account PIN on windows 8.1 phone

My son replaced his Windows 8.1 Lumia Icon phone with an iPhone 6. I had his outlook account on my phone so i could manage his calendar. In the meantime, I reimaged my Icon with Windows 10. Now his account on my new Windows 10 build requires a PIN to access his email account. I don't recall setting a PIN and his windows phone is gone...any hints on how to recover/reset that PIN? I don't find anything on his account settings page on the web.

MSGearHead

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: reset account PIN on windows 8.1 phone

No, I don't think it's is MFA, I don't have that enabled in the account. It seems to be a phone related pin, as I don't have problems accessing the account in Outlook or in webmail with the user name/ID. It appears I must have set a PIN on that specific phone when I set it up, but I don't recall what it is. That does not seem to have any effect on his new iPhone account, or my wife who still has it on her windows phone. Also weird, I cannot delete the account, it hangs around in the 'add new account' screen. Strange problem. Would appreciate any insight.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: reset account PIN on windows 8.1 phone

I actually haven't really seen this in recent memory...

Have you tried the typical 1234, 0000, 1111 etc?

Maybe its for the SIM, SIMs can be PIN locked. (although I do know its a VZW phone)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium