How can I revert back to Win 8.1 from Win 10 on my tablet?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to revert back to win 8.1 from win 10 on my tablet

Does anybody know if I can return my tablet back to 8.1 as I don't really like the functionality of win 10 on my tablet. Thanks for any advice

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to revert back to win 8.1 from win 10 on my tablet

quoting Microsoft:

Going back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1

If it’s been less than a month since you upgraded to Windows 10, you can go back to your previous version of Windows by going to Settings > Update & security > Recovery and selecting either Go back to Windows 7 or Go back to Windows 8.1. This won't affect your personal files, but it will remove any apps you installed after the upgrade to Windows 10. Learn more.
If it’s been more than a month, this option won’t be available in Settings and you’ll need to use a different recovery option.

S2McC

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Ok so my next problem, I can't find a product key anywhere, the tablet was win 8.1 out of the box.....HELP!!!!

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

Don't know if its the same with tablets,where as laptops the product key is embedded on bios which windows activates by itself (skipping product key step during install) Or if you haven't installed reinstalled windows check for product key in settings or in my computer properties.

S2McC

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

I have used a product key finder, it found a key but I think it was for windows 10 as when I typed it in it said the product was already activated, I'm totally lost as to what to do, its almost as tho there is no trace of 8.1 anymore

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I would find and use a dummy key. Not something like "free key!" but one just to get by that step, and activate it later.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

Don't know what's the problem with your installation environment but windows 8.1 didn't ask me to enter a product key(no page about product key activation) during my installation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos