Glance Background replacement

TheFerrango

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
I have just reset my Lumia 925 (on Windows Phone 8.1) and started redownloading my apps, when I discovered that the Glance Background beta app is no longer downloadable.
Is there a way to change the Glance screen's background picture to something different from the lockscreen background or I should I just forget I was able to do so?
Because I really liked having a stylized image as the glance background and a proper image of usually the same thing as the locksreen's background.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Join the Windows Insider program and install Windows 10 Mobile. The new Glance now takes on (or inherits) whatever image is on your lock screen.

TheFerrango

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, since I'm not going to update until at least two months after w10m will be available for my handset, I can't really do so. (yes, I'm one of those guys that look at W10m and disappointingly shake their heads :sweaty:)
I have a friend who has a L820 and is on the preview though, so I'll ask him to so.

Megatronus66

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I performed an hard reset after installing the official windows 10 update and didn't updated the glance screen app,installed the glance background beta app and all seems to work again!(I've decided that I'll never update the glance app until it enables the feature of manually selecting images as glance background).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss