The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    My Lumia 1520 running 8.1 automatically backed up last week but since then I have downloaded more apps and have been trying to back it up manually. It fails after 10% of back up everytime I try. Now I have been trying for three days, but the back up doesn't finish. Is there any solution to this problem?
    Last edited by chagizbaluch; 12-19-2015 at 02:54 PM.
    12-19-2015 01:28 AM
    Try this: open backup - apps+settings turn off settings backup and apps backup...Then go to manage backups and delete everything there. Go back to backup and turn on settings backup only, click back up now, it should work. Next step is to turn on settings backup and app backup together and click backup now.
    Note: Make sure that you are on steady and fast internet connection, close all apps running, music player, photos, third party apps like vlc and so on. Sometimes backup fails at 99% on Wi-Fi, or fails because some app is trying to be included in backup and fails miserably , and finally if you deployed some apps it can fail also.
    chagizbaluch likes this.
    12-19-2015 02:29 AM
    Try this: open backup - apps+settings turn off settings backup and apps backup...Then go to manage backups and delete everything there. Go back to backup and turn on settings backup only, click back up now, it should work. Next step is to turn on settings backup and app backup together and click backup now.
    Note: Make sure that you are on steady and fast internet connection, close all apps running, music player, photos, third party apps like vlc and so on. Sometimes backup fails at 99% on Wi-Fi, or fails because some app is trying to be included in backup and fails miserably , and finally if you deployed some apps it can fail also.

It worked. Thanks a lot. I knew it would work but I was afraid to lose my previous backup, so didn't take the risk. Anyways l, thanks!
    12-19-2015 02:51 PM
    Tried this on a Lumia Icon and it worked for me as well! Thanks, mate!
    01-14-2016 07:57 AM