Can't send text on multiple contacts. (group Texting)

SyedMohsinXY

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I am using Nokia lumia 625, and I am unable to send text to multiple contacts at once. I am Currently using Windows 8.1 mobile, Fully updated.Hard restore Not worked, I tried windows 10 too, But the issue wasn't solved. Please Help.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sending the texts to multiple contacts usually results in a MMS message, you need to have mobile data turned on to send texts to multiple contacts at once. Also be weary, group texts can sometimes wreak havoc when restoring text messages from your recent cloud back up after a reflash or hard reset.

SyedMohsinXY

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Sending the texts to multiple contacts usually results in a MMS message, you need to have mobile data turned on to send texts to multiple contacts at once. Also be weary, group texts can sometimes wreak havoc when restoring text messages from your recent cloud back up after a reflash or hard reset.

I also have a lumia 520. But it sends texts with out turning the mobile data on. I just want to send my massage to many people at once.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I also have a lumia 520. But it sends texts with out turning the mobile data on. I just want to send my massage to many people at once.

Single texts are fine, sending a single text to multiple contacts converts that text to a MMS text thus you need data - that is what I noticed. Alternatively it may be down to how your network provider has set the configuration - i'm not exactly sure. I've noticed this with O2 and Hutchinson 3g I cannot say about other providers.

SyedMohsinXY

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Single texts are fine, sending a single text to multiple contacts converts that text to a MMS text thus you need data - that is what I noticed. Alternatively it may be down to how your network provider has set the configuration - i'm not exactly sure. I've noticed this with O2 and Hutchinson 3g I cannot say about other providers.

I use lumia 520 for sending text to multiple contacts, and it works. But it is not working with lumia 625.

Sajid Taj1

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, I have same problem by using windows 10 with lumia 535, but when I was using windows 8.1 on same phone there was no problem I have using same network without using cellular data please help

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Probably a different situation, but I ran into a problem recently where I couldn't txt pictures or send group txts. I had turned on Airplane mode but then enabled wifi. When I turned airplane mode back off, it did not turn my cellular data back on. After turning it back on, I was able to send pictures and group txt again. Not sure why cellular data stayed off when I turned off airplane mode but now know to check there first if I have any issues after doing so.

ianxriley

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I has this problem after updating to windows 10 on my 640. I seem to have fixed it today - by switching OFF MMS group text In the Messaging settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo