Will performing a hard reset on my Lumia 620 also reset my SIM card?

simplylogan93

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 620 running Windows Phone 8.1. I received my phone as a birthday gift a few years ago. It was unlocked, and I had to go into a Bell Mobility store to activate the SIM card. Recently, I have been tempted to perform a hard reset on my phone because of some annoying store errors that won't go away (regardless of how many times I reformat my SD cards), and also because I want to get my phone ready for Windows 10 Mobile, if and when it comes to my device.

I'm wondering though -- if I do a hard reset on my phone, will it reset my SIM card as well? Maybe this is a super-newbie question, but I've honestly never done a hard reset before. Apparently it solves a lot of problems. I just don't want to have to go back to a Bell store to have it reactivated. Has anyone out there performed a successful hard reset? Have you been able to use your SIM card again right away, as well as restore your backed up phone data? (texts, app settings .etc). I really don't want to jump into anything, then get stuck.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you hard reset the phone, the SIM should not be affected.

I've hard reset many phones with my AT&T SIM installed and switched it into other phones, but my service has remained the same with no interruptions etc.

andreilupen

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
do a backup for messages before reset and you can leave sim card inside ( although I prefer to start from scratch to prevent any previous bugs )

simplylogan93

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Okay, cool. I would start from scratch, except I really need my text messages. I don't think I can view them anywhere else but on my phone.

simplylogan93

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
It's currently resetting now, after I did lots of backing up. I keep getting the sad face. I'd soft reset it, but my volume down button is broken. Currently trying to get it back with the Lumia Recovery Tool. Please help -- it's not responding.

Last edited:

simplylogan93

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE ------------------------------------------------------------

The Lumia Recovery Tool was successful! So glad my phone isn't dead, haha. Thanks for the help everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans