I am not able to delete pictures taken using ProShot application using HTC 8x from computer.
    From phone it allows to delete but not from PC. pictures taken using normal camera app I am to delete from PC.

While deleting I get this message "you do not have permission to delete this item".

What could be the reason?
    01-28-2016 04:19 AM
    Hello, I am the developer of ProShot.

ProShot was developed using Windows Phone 8.0 APIs. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the API that doesn't properly release the handles on files once they have been created, which may cause issues in certain situations. Microsoft never fixed this bug, which is why it's persisted for so long. The only way around it is to restart your device. I'm working on updating ProShot to Windows 10, which will no longer have this issue :)

ProShot was developed using Windows Phone 8.0 APIs. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the API that doesn't properly release the handles on files once they have been created, which may cause issues in certain situations. Microsoft never fixed this bug, which is why it's persisted for so long. The only way around it is to restart your device. I'm working on updating ProShot to Windows 10, which will no longer have this issue :)
    01-28-2016 07:03 PM

thanks for quick reply.
    actually I am facing this issue for around last 6 month and I have restarted the phone many times but it doesn't allow to delete the ProShot photos by connecting to PC. i always need to delete from phone it self.
    I hope Windows 10 mobile will be available for HTC 8x and ProShot will work fine on it...
    02-01-2016 04:13 AM