Lumia 920's battery on constant Cellular data

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm having some trouble with my battery life. It was like this before with my 925, so I tried my sister's SIM card from another carrier. The results are the same: the phone can't handle a couple minutes of web browsing without losing a quarter of battery juice.
My question is, what is the expected duration of a Lumia 920 connected to 3G data all-the-time?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having some trouble with my battery life. It was like this before with my 925, so I tried my sister's SIM card from another carrier. The results are the same: the phone can't handle a couple minutes of web browsing without losing a quarter of battery juice.
My question is, what is the expected duration of a Lumia 920 connected to 3G data all-the-time?

Cellular data does consume a lot of battery. Depending on what kind of activity you do, the usage can vary. I recommend you try the same work if possible using 2G and see if the battery still drains heavily as you say.

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
It's almost the same drain speed, but with less heat up and taking more time to load stuff, obviously...
I have location on always to keep Cortana at reach, but even if I turn it off, it doesn't help that much.
I also keep Glance and double-tap-to-wake enabled, but again, they don't help when turned off.
I do have vibration off, brightness on auto setting.
I don't game heavily, except the AlphaJax rounds every couple hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786