Should I downgrade my lumia 640 to 8.1 from 10?

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I want opinions on if you guys think I should drop down to 8.1 until official 10 is released.i had an htc 8x on Windows phone 7 and skipped the whole 8 phase cause I went to an iPhone for awhile. But I picked up a lumia 640 last month and immediately upgraded to 10 excitedly because I have a win 10 pic and Xbox. I hear 8 is stable and smooth. 10 has been good but im wondering if 8 will suit me well enough to take my sim card out of my iPhone and run my lumia as my daily driver. Thanks

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Go with 8.1, you will be surprised 😊 I don't know much about iPhone, but Windows Phone 8.1 kicks some serious W10M ***. You will also get the GDR2, which is the best of the best 😉

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I just rolled back to 8.1. I have been using W10M on my 930 for a few months now and even after several hard resets, I had enough of the random reboots, lags, black startscreen, apps crashing,, terrible battery life, aweful camera quality and much more!

It's night and day! W8.1 looks stunning: text is sharp and legible, icons (in top bar for example) look complete and well rounded, menus (apart from settings menu) is clear and easy to navigate, outlook mail and calendar are much better and cherry on top of the whip cream on top of the frosting: battery life is back to normal, no more reboots, no more app crashes...

I did "hate" W10M but never thought it would be so refreshing coming back to 8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99