Lumia 950 Receiving Only 1 Letter From Group Conversations

winphoneguy18

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I've recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 950. I have a group conversation with two other people in it, one I had when I still had my Lumia 1020 running Windows Phone 8.1. One person has an iPhone and the other has an Android. I receive every text from the iPhone, but whenever the user with the Android sends a message to the group conversation I only receive a single character. I was given a replacement device, and the issue is still happening. I'm also concerned with my phone not receiving or sending all of my mms texts. Sometimes they do not send for 4-5 hours, and sometimes I don't receive any (from any type of device).

Any idea what the issue might be? I've been through support and their resolution was to send me a new device. This also did not work.

Thanks.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have. They told me nothing was wrong on that end, which is why they decided to send me a new device.

Soooo, you've tried two different devices (which worked otherwise) on the same network / infrastructure exhibiting the same problem ...
hmmmmm

BTW - is your phone from AT&T?
did the NEW firmware affect the issue, at all?
or have you checked for software updates?

The APN designations could be incorrect OR the way the phone was setup on the network.

winphoneguy18

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes, my phone is from AT&T.
I am on Firmware Version: 01078.00017.15454.29031 (which does not seem to be the latest, but doesn't look like any updates is available in US yet)
I have checked for Software Updates and am all caught up.

They did say they checked how the phone was setup to the network and all looked ok.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire