IE Favourites on Windows 10 and Windows Phone 8.1

Per Kjellqvist

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I can't get my head around how IE Favourites actually synchronise.

I have sync activated on two Windows 10 machines and my Lumia 640.

New Favourites seem to sync pretty nicely across the 3 devices, but when I try to clean up and organize my Favourites on my main computer the results are pretty much random on the other 2 devices.

Sometimes the Favourite pops right back on the main machine after a delete.

I have found that if I delete a Favourite on my Lumia 640 they are also removed on the other 2 devices.

I would really like to find out where on OneDrive or my Microsoft Account somewhere in the cloud the Favourites reside, and ultimately the possibility to edit them at that location in order to have all 3 devices synchronised.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Instead of IE open Edge browser. Go to Settings> Favorites settings and make sure Internet Explorer favorites are checked, than click Import. Wait for a while and open Favorites on Edge. Your IE favorites should be there. Open browser on your phone and see if Favorites are there. On your PC open Edge and Favorites, you should notice several folders, including Favorites bar and Phone folder. In Phone favorites folder are stored and synced only contents that are saved on your phones. In Edge you can create new favorites Folder and edit, drag and drop web pages. All those folders will appear in your phones. Best thing is that you can edit Phone favorites folder in Edge and that change shows on mobile devices. Favorites on 8.1 phones can be messy although in alphabetical order, and on Win10 mobile they look the same as in Edge Pc browser.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss