How do I install HERE maps on the SD card/ Lumia 640 XL Dual?

rnoynet

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
How to install HERE maps on the SD card/ Lumia 640 XL Dual

Hello!

I have Microsoft Lumia 640 XL dual SIM running windows phone 8.1. The 8GB memory has no more space.. I need many maps, and only some of them fit to that 8Gb. I bought 64Gb SD card for the maps and other things. How to transfer or install maps on that SD card, please!

Yes, I have been searching the net for the answer already, and not really found good answer!

Thanks in advance !

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to install HERE maps on the SD card/ Lumia 640 XL Dual

Unfortunately, I don't think you can install maps on 8.1 Denim to the sd card. You can move other apps there, by going into storage sense.

Tushar94

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site

Libra89 is right. You cannot transfer or download maps to your SD Card. However, you can transfer apps to it.
Storage Sense BETA had that ability. I don't think it's still there on the store.

rnoynet

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site

Yes, The Storage Sense is not in the "store", but it was already installed in my phone. As you said, maps cannot be moved. I tried photos and apps, at least they can be directed to SD card. May be also maps in future releases, I hope! I can live with that. Thank you both!

rnoynet

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site

............... As you said, maps cannot be moved. I tried photos and apps, at least they can be directed to SD card. May be also maps in future releases, I hope! I can live with that. Thank you both!

..in future releases?!, Yes. Now in Windows 10 it is possible! I have my maps in SD card now.. Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6