How to detect App placed onto SD card from first phone on second phone?

Menorius

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have Tetra Lockscreen still installed on my old Windows phone (521) and i moved it to my SD card to transfer to my new phone. (640 LTE) However when i put the SD card in the new phone, storage sense does not detect the app as being on the SD card, it treats the app as "Other" Putting the SD card back in the old phone still allows it to detect that Tetra Lockscreen is on the card, so the files are still there. I just cant figure out how to get storage sense on the new phone to detect them. Does anyone know what I would have to do so that the new phone knows that an app is installed on it's SD card?

Edit: When i look at storage sense on the new phone it says i cant install apps on it because there are already apps on the SD card from another phone. There is probably some kind of GUID or identifier file that lets the SD card know which phone the app is from. The information is probably contained in the two files in the main WPSystem folder: WPAppSettings.dat and WPSettings.dat, however i cannot find any programs that can open either of the files.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo