How to revert back to Win 8.1 Cyan

Bozhidar Gyulmezov

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I just installed and ran the "Windows device recovery tool", since the Nokia software recovery tool doesn't find it's servers, and don't recognize my Lumia anymore (due to win 10), and suggested me to download the Windows device recovery tool

Imagine my surprise seeing this "welcome screen" on my PC.
Untitled.png
After Google came to help, on some topics it is said by normal users this version 9651.14234 is Windows 8.1 Denim.

I want to revert to Cyan due to the huge battery consumption in Denim, and the even higher - outrageous consumption in Win 10. Can someone help me:
- Is this version 9651.14234 really denim.
- What is the way (if any) to revert to Cyan. Do I need to revert to Denim first, so that I can use the Nokia software recovery tool ?
- If I need to download the software package for Cyan from somewhere - from where, since the servers for Nokia software recovery tool don't work anymore? A direct link to a safe source will be fine.
- Or maybe if there is no standalone install package(ROM) for Cyan, maybe I need Win 8 Mobile package first, and then an upgrade to Cyan?

Last edited:

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, you do realise that this forum isn't run by or affiliated with Microsoft.
All the 'you' statements are being directed to Windows fans/enthusiasts who are just trying to help people and probably isn't the best way to get help.
The 'Windows Device Recovery Tool' will recover your phone to Windows 8/8.1 (Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't work for Microsoft and didn't develop the app).
Maybe your vent is better off directed to Microsoft....

Bozhidar Gyulmezov

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, you do realise that this forum isn't run by or affiliated with Microsoft..
Actually no. This whole site looks like one big Microsoft advertisement, directed to mobile devices.
It's hard not to think it's affiliated with Microsoft, but maybe I was wrong. I guess I will have to re-post it under
Microsoft Community which I thought was only for the PC windows.
Let's say I believe you, and will remove the M$ related discontent I wrote in the first post. (still prefer some moderator to confirm)
Nevertheless if someone here can help me with a way to download the Lumia 1520 ROM for Win 8.1 Cyan I will be very grateful.

Last edited:

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Note that this web site is not on Microsoft.com. That should give you a clue. Also note that this web site appears like an advertising centre for the entire universe. There are more disruptive ads per square inch than any other site I've ever seen. So many that this site falls over very regularly. This is very far from the experience on Microsoft web sites. Another clue. Also note that not one post on here comes from MS support staff unlike the MS Answers web site. A further clue. Do you really need a mod to confirm the obvious?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion