Usb device not recognised

lawalhu

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've not used my Lumia 1020 for close to two years now because the lcd screen was damaged and I couldn't get a replacement from local stores. I recently bought a new LCD screen from Amazon and it's installation was successful. However, since after the installation the phone couldn't start- after displaying Nokia; it displays a sad smiley and sticks there. I tried to reinstall the software through Windows device recovery tool, but whenever I connect the phone to my Windows 10 pc the response is the usb is not recognised. I used different usb cables, thinking that the problem was from the cables, but I later discovered that the cables work fine with my Samsung galaxy Note.

I want to resuscitate the phone, which I bought in 2013, just because of the camera. I'll love suggestions on how I can get it working again.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've not used my Lumia 1020 for close to two years now because the lcd screen was damaged and I couldn't get a replacement from local stores. I recently bought a new LCD screen from Amazon and it's installation was successful. However, since after the installation the phone couldn't start- after displaying Nokia; it displays a sad smiley and sticks there. I tried to reinstall the software through Windows device recovery tool, but whenever I connect the phone to my Windows 10 pc the response is the usb is not recognised. I used different usb cables, thinking that the problem was from the cables, but I later discovered that the cables work fine with my Samsung galaxy Note.

I want to resuscitate the phone, which I bought in 2013, just because of the camera. I'll love suggestions on how I can get it working again.

Sadly, I think the flash storage is pretty much given up the ghost.

Have you tried the cable that came with the phone it self?

That is a factory cable, meaning it supplies power & data at the same time through multiple pins.

That would be the only option I can think off hand that is easily accessible.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've lost the original usb. But if you may suggest any other type that may work fine I'll appreciate

You can try the Nokia U2 cable it appears only available from ebay now, I have had zero issues with this cable. Any other usb cable has caused me issues in the past including Blue screens on the desktop PC and laptops, hence why I only recommend the official data cable to be used or other factory cables.
s-l1000.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs