The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-31-2015 03:47 PM
258 ... 891011
tools
    Interactive and replyable toast notifications are number 1. Separate volume for alarm for sure. I did like the hubs from previous os' versions all the way back to7.5. But hey I just cane from lowly bb10 where each of these were built in features
    08-22-2014 11:23 AM
    I think Cortana could be improved by adding certain parts as notifications. Unless I open her how do I know that there's been a traffic incident and I need an alternate route/etc
    08-22-2014 11:25 AM
    Unless I open her
    ​Phrasing!
    08-22-2014 10:17 PM
    ​Phrasing!

Could have been better huh?
    08-23-2014 08:25 PM
    One question: Has anybody of you actually entered our checked your ideas/wishes in the official user voice page for WP? at a first glance I couldn't find many of the here mentioned things...
    palmujukka likes this.
    08-24-2014 05:56 AM
    One question: Has anybody of you actually entered our checked your ideas/wishes in the official user voice page for WP? at a first glance I couldn't find many of the here mentioned things...

Where's that?
    08-25-2014 10:31 PM
    Since switching to Windows Phone from Android there are some things that I have found lacking in Windows Phone 8.1.

1) A backup that actually works instead of failing at 96-98%. I know some people have gotten it to work by jumping thru some hoops. This should work out of the box. I am also reading that a restore does not restore everything back to the way it was. Having worked with computers for the past 40 years, this is unacceptable. Android has plenty of backup programs that actually work. Even the built-in backup and restore work without jumping thru hoops.

2) OTG support for connecting an external USB drive.

3) One I mentioned previously in this thread - A sorted list of the ringtones. Trying to find a particular ringtone is a pain. Right now it is random. It would be nice to see it alphabetically. Also separated into ringtones, notification tones,...

4) A Windows type file explorer that sees all of the files automatically without having to add this and that to the file manager. I want to be able to see my files and folders immediately and not have to tell the file manager that I want to see my photos, oh now I want to see my music folders but I need to add them to the file manager etc. I just want to be able to click on the file manager icon and bang, all of my files and folders show up without having to do anything.
    08-30-2014 09:39 AM
    charge turned off phones
    rferrara90 likes this.
    09-04-2014 03:55 PM
    I found 5 threads on WP User Voice for new features that could help WP to gain traction against Android. I started 3 of them and I hope all of you would appreciate these features so feel free to vote them!
    I would like to see these features in WP 8.2 or WP 9, whatever they call it...

1. Updated Bing Maps with turn-by-turn navigation with voice and public transport. Microsoft has access to HERE data so why can't we have a single app for maps, navigation and public transport?? This is the link in WP user voice:
    https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...voice-navigati
    2. Document attachment in email
    https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...ment-in-emails
    3. File Picker is limited and cannot access OneDrive and other cloud storages. File picker should open the Files app or other file managers in order to be really powerful, like PCs. If I choose a file, a file manager will be opened.
    https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...er-to-be-a-rea
    4. Health Hub: Bing Health and Fitness and Healthvault should be fused in order to have a real, unique, health hub
    https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...lth-hub-needed
    5. Timeline view in photo hub, like in storyteller app. One app for everything...
    https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...n-pictures-hub

I think that with those features WP will be like have a PC in our hand (except for the storyteller view in photo hub, this is just for pleasure).
    What do you think?
    09-04-2014 04:48 PM
    Here's one more feature I want:

• Live tile for Microsoft Outlook/Exchange tasks (in addition to the Calendar live tile) -- The Outlook tasks live tile should show the pending tasks. Tapping the live tile should launch the Calendar app and go directly to the list of tasks.
    Joe920 likes this.
    09-05-2014 02:37 AM
    A tile that covers "all the screen", i mean, that cover side to side even using the third column. Double wide tiles?
    09-07-2014 09:28 AM
    able to lock tiles in start menu so that it will not edited accidentally.

able to turn off capacitive lights even you are not in saver mode and watching movies.
    Joe920 likes this.
    09-08-2014 09:17 PM
    -Old photo hub
    -Old lock screen ( I had customized wallpapers, they don't "fit" anymore, its a mess now)
    -Android like toggles in AC (swiping left/right)
    -Get Lumia updates through DP right away and not wait for carriers to "test" it..
    More than anything else I want to move chat history from WhatsApp from one device to another (w/o SD - I don't have it). This probably has nothing to do with MS and apps can backup its data to OneDrive now. It's just WhatsApp too slow not giving this option to us
    09-08-2014 09:52 PM
    -Old photo hub
    I want all hubs back. Actually, the photos app is the only one I like more then before, I'd still like to access all photo related apps like before. A compromise between old hub and new 'all photos' page that opens right away would be great. I never clicked anything but 'albums' before, so that page was useless.

I want bing vision to have a separate launcher, because it's very hard to launch it since Cortana took place on the search button. I just want to quickly scan my barcodes...
    09-09-2014 03:53 PM
    Here's my list. Using my Lumia 720

- 3G(data) button in quick menu (scroll down)
    - Improved quick menu (now it still leads me to the setting menu when i try to turn of wifi)
    - Interactive/separated notifications
    - more tile sizes
    - Customizable life information.
    - App menu sorting options (favorites, abc, apptype)
    - Group tiles
    - More custimizable lockscreen (quick reply on messages)
    - IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE
    - Scrolling option for photo options (the bubbles on the left)
    - NO "RESUMING" APPS ANYMORE WHEN GOING BACK TO APPS
    Hate when this happens.. when im planning train trips, surfing internet, or sending Messages..

- Onedrive music player.

Thats all i could come up with right now.. those will make it WAY better
    09-15-2014 01:05 PM
    -OTG
    -Lock the apps fully and ask for password when opened
    anon(9057135) likes this.
    09-15-2014 01:43 PM
    Think of your favorite live album....you know how in between tracks there's some crowd noise? Without gapless playback there will be a second or so of silence in between each track, instead of flowing smoothly.

It's jarring, to say the least.
    Even more jarring on a Mixed dance Album... You totally lose the beat.

- I would like to see my phone stop rebooting 2 or 3 times per day
    - To have Twitter and Instagram back as a sharing choices, When I switched to 8.1 DevPreview it went away
    - To show more than one calendar event on Live Tile
    - I would really like to have a Cursor Bubble above your finger so you can see where your moving it. (Think of how IOS moves cursor around)
    - In landscape mode, it would be nice if you could switch between apps like you can on a tablet, just swipe in from the left.. I think the phone is too small for it to work in portrait mode, you would be switching between apps without meaning to. On phone, currently the Notifications are coming when you swipe from the Top of the phone, but it should be from the Top of the phone as its oriented. Just like a Windows 8 tablet does.. If you turn it in landscape mode, the top stays the top and the left stays the left.
    Last edited by ekgmedia; 09-15-2014 at 02:14 PM. Reason: forgot to add Quotes for Reply
    09-15-2014 01:59 PM
    -Old photo hub
    -Data toggle in action centre.
    09-15-2014 02:38 PM
    - Full resolution photos in photos hub.
    - More attachment/sharing options with an option to share with multiple apps.
    More codecs/file type/subtitles/lyrics support for Music/Video apps.
    - Interactive tiles/notifications.
    - More toggles in action center.
    - Exif data in photos hub.
    - Option to edit metadata for media and option to search and tag album/artist art/wallpaper.
    - Live lock screen out of beta.
    - Native sound recorder.
    - More connectivity options. USB OTG. Joystick support. Wifi Direct. DLNA.
    - Loosen up restrictions to allow developers to work with more standards. (OpenGL, Webkit etc)
    - Power and Optimization Management app natively.
    - Native cache management app with option to force delete applications cache either individually or collectively.
    - Shorter refresh times for live tiles.
    - Show download page in internet explorer to know what is being downloaded and what is downloaded in the past. Integrate current downloads for every app including internet explorer with action center.
    - Store app keeping separate record of your reviews so you could easily find and edit them later.
    - Better text editing/selection/highlighting/copy/pasting options.
    Native graphic equalizer in music/video apps.
    - Updated Office+OneNote with Cortana integration to dictate/edit/annotate documents/notes.
    - Add more countries to Bing maps.
    - Improve email app.
    - performance improvements. Since 8.1 windows phone has become lagdows for some reason.
    09-15-2014 03:16 PM
    USB On-The-Go support
    09-16-2014 05:50 PM
    email apps not like much!! and update 2 whats the new name!!
    09-16-2014 09:47 PM
    Voice search for apps in store using Cortana with recommendations for which is the best alternative if app not found!!! notification led on the windows hardware symbol on Nokia phones (if the idea of battery drain comes along just have a settings function as to how much time passes between each flicker - the longer the time the less battery used) more animations for the live folders drop down view.
    09-16-2014 10:10 PM
    I just want more customization .

Third party lockscreens with unique style .

More customizable , resizable & Interactive live tyles .

Good menu style with background photo option in menu

more powerfull statusbar . add Scrollable tyles , date & time & display brightness meter etc .

Orientation mode in start screen.

Better multitaskig like android.

plz give an option to see cpu usage , ram usage & disk usage .

More faster , smoother , unrestricted & secure os

want to see big raise of windows phones marketshare through wp8.2
    09-24-2014 08:24 AM
    Want more and more customization for the tiles as well as the app list..I want to see some changes also on the way apps opened or closed..better action center with more toggle buttons and also the appearance of notifications..:)
    09-24-2014 08:33 AM
    i want better battery life and a actual background, not transparent tiles...
    10-14-2014 09:26 AM
258 ... 891011