What features do you want the most in 8.2?

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
What would you want for the next OS update?

Right now everyone's excited for WP8.1 update 1. But what would you like to see on future updates? Here are some things I would like to see in the future:

For the OS
1. Accent color slider - sure there are a lot colors available for now but I think it would be better if you can choose from a wider range.
2. Background color choices - for now we have dark and light. I like the dark one, it's nice. It would be good if we have more choices though.
3. Improved remote connection to PCs - I actually chose WP because I thought it would be easier to connect with my PC. It would be great to have easier connectivity with my WP and PC, so I can transfer files, control my PC and play games easily through wireless. As of now we need apps for this, it's better if WP can do this natively without specific apps.
4. Booting from USB - I know this part is highly unlikely to happen. How about when you plug your phone on a USB, you can boot via USB (if the motherboard allows it) and run a Windows OS from it? Pretty cool huh?
5. A better version of MS Office - more options and improvements. I want it close to the MS Office on the PC. For now I usually prepare the document's formats and upload them to OneDrive so I can edit it on my phone.
6. Scheduled text messages - wanna greet someone exactly on 00:00 of their birthday? Schedule it. Maybe Cortana can handle this too.
7. Native video player - Xbox Video is good for me, but its better if it has mkv support.
8. Separate App Store for Android - there's been topics about this. If and only IF MS decides to bring android apps to WP, please make sure it has its own Store. And make it secure, like the one WP is using right now.

For Cortana
1. More offline features - setting alarms, reminders, basic tasks. It would be great if she isn't too dependent on the internet. (This is unlikely though, since that would require heavy resources for the phone)
2. Voice activation and more voice responses - instead of pressing the search button, it's nice if she can be called, literally. Just say her name and she's up. Of course, an on and off feature must be present so you don't accidentally call her. Maybe when on headset would be a good idea. And instead of showing "How can I help you?", she would say it when you press the search button long enough or when you call her.
3. Reminders - instead of showing me the reminder, I want her to say it. Oh, and a more casual and friendly way to talk too. I was thinking of hearing Cortana's way of talking during her rampant stage if I ignore my alarms or reminders. lol
4. Custom quiet hours message - self explanatory. I'd like to set my own message for that. The current one seems too formal and boring.

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right part of the forum, or if someone already started a thread similar to this. What about you guys?

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
What is with this Android App talk? There's no such thing as Android Apps because Android/Google doesn't make apps outside of search,chrome and whatever small numbers you can find. What you need to start saying is that you want the same APP DEVELOPERS who make the apps on Android and IOS to start looking at doing the same for WP. Android does NOT MAKE APPS!!! APPS are made FOR Android. There's no android app when downloaded and attempt to install on a WP that it will work. So people please stop saying you want ANDROID APPS and start saying you want the same developers who make the more/most wanted apps for both IOS and ANDROID to also do likewise for WP.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
What is with this Android App talk? There's no such thing as Android Apps because Android/Google doesn't make apps outside of search,chrome and whatever small numbers you can find. What you need to start saying is that you want the same APP DEVELOPERS who make the apps on Android and IOS to start looking at doing the same for WP. Android does NOT MAKE APPS!!! APPS are made FOR Android. There's no android app when downloaded and attempt to install on a WP that it will work. So people please stop saying you want ANDROID APPS and start saying you want the same developers who make the more/most wanted apps for both IOS and ANDROID to also do likewise for WP.

C'mon mate, don't be clever by half. They mean they want Android apps to run on WP through an emulator or summink. Not quite sure why, I prefer the method you describe.

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
If Microsoft decides to allow Android apps on WP it will **** off the developer community and there will be no more custom apps designed specifically for WP and the distinction Microsoft worked so hard for will be put to waste. Android devs are not going to allow live tiles for Android and there will be no point in having a WP.
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
When input type is e-mail, the on screen keyboard should include underscore.
dot, dash and underscore are common "space" character in e-mail.
Currently the keyboard is already smart enough to include the @ mark and even a .com shortcut. But underscore is commonly used character in that situation.

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Here are the features I want the most:

• Option to override regional settings such as measurement system and date format -- This feature is supported in Windows through a Control Panel dialog box. This feature was supported in Windows Mobile through registry settings. I want the same capability in Windows Phone. The reason is that Microsoft keeps putting the wrong configurations in the regional settings. I want the override feature so I could correct Microsoft's mistakes.
  • Full support for editing Outlook (Exchange Server) appointments and tasks -- I don't want to keep going to Microsoft Outlook just to edit appointments and tasks. I want to do the editing on my Windows Phone. I want to be able to set categories. I want to create recurring and regenerating tasks using only my phone.
  • Option to set the minimum brightness in automatic brightness mode -- In automatic brightness mode, the minimum brightness is just too dim. I want to be able to increase the minimum brightness to make the display readable in the dark.

vamsy dvk

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Flash player support and separate downloads option in the IE11 and also background downloading option(even under lock screen), upgrading the video 📼 file format to Avi. Mkv. Flv.,

NickMon68

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My 2cents worth:

• Super wide tile that goes across whole screen when you have the extra column enabled
  • Super "fat" tile that's 2 rows deep
  • Swipe left to get Game Hub (like kids corner but for all your games). Split into two sections XBOX games and non xbxox Games
  • Remove games from app list as in Games hub
  • Better Support for local music files stored on the phone IE rewrite the app !
  • Expand the podcast app, auto playlists, whats new etc
  • Mail - for gods sack have a select all and delete option
  • More Theme colours
  • Continue to rewrite the Calendar, i hate to say it the iOs ones are very nice.
  • New phone with a slide out game pad (Windows Xbox Phone) in green
  • More Xbox games its a great idea - and markets it on the 360 and X1 dashboards
  • I like the Facebook app new appearance - rewrite the SMS and email apps to look simular
  • More options for the app for the notification centre - why cant i pin the battery saver app there ?
  • Skin Cortana - I want her to look like Cortana - not a round circle
  • Ability to skin a tile IE replace the graphic icon on it (but still keep any live tile functions as set by the dev)
  • Make All Nokia Tiles transparent and not blue, purple etc

Last edited:

rjLei54

May 19, 2014
Visit site
* USB otg
* Select multiple tiles
* add apps/games to live folder via app list
* more information on the calendar live tile instead on showing only one event

nilushadilshan

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
$ Wi-Fi Direct
$ Data On/Off In Action Center
$ Flash Player support for internet explorer.
$ Support More video file formats
$ HereDrive + Available in WorldWide

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
  • Mail - for gods sack have a select all and delete option
  • More Theme colours
  • Skin Cortana - I want her to look like Cortana - not a round circle
  • Make All Nokia Tiles transparent and not blue, purple etc

Agree with all except Cortana. You want some sort of game-ish person to be the thing you talk to? Seriously? The circle makes it clear and clean.

trevvy

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
A Cellular Data Toggle in the notification centre and the ability to disable the alphabetical listing for your apps list would a be a real appreciated treat! iOS and that robot have it - why not Windows?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon