What features do you want the most in 8.2?

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
There's just one problem with that, apps allow you to swipe to the left as well, if the multitasking view is supposed to be available everywhere then a swipe to the left would be impossible to implement.
I'm just talking about on the start screen. Apps swipe right too, but yet on start swiping right takes you to the apps list.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
That's different, the app list isn't available everywhere like the multitasking view.

You just don't get it. I'm not saying get rid of holding the back button. Just an added feature to the start screen to get to the multitasking view faster. Often when I turn my phone on, I want to go strait to an open app, i'm already on the start screen and going all the way down to the back button is slower than just swiping left. Obviously this wouldn't work in an app.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You just don't get it. I'm not saying get rid of holding the back button. Just an added feature to the start screen to get to the multitasking view faster. Often when I turn my phone on, I want to go strait to an open app, i'm already on the start screen and going all the way down to the back button is slower than just swiping left. Obviously this wouldn't work in an app.

I get it perfectly and your original post never mentioned anything that you just posted. You mentioned the app list and I gave you an answer and you mentioned swiping to the left to get to the multitasking view and I gave you an answer so don't get ****ty with me because you failed to mention everything!!!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Photos hub like in Windows 8, I love ❤ background image in hub..
Also remove games from apps list..

I actually prefer the photos hub as it is now, it's quicker and gets straight to the point. Games in the app list is a good move because if an update to the Games Hub screws up then you still have access to your games (Yes screw ups do happen in programing guys).

jah81592

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
1) search view in calendar
2) file manager
3) ability to login to my password protected section in onenote.
4) Search function (phone search (i miss this on android)-not web search)
5) native stop watch and timer
6) native connectivity-wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, etc.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
More "lively" tiles. Especially for the larger tiles. Updating times shorted, more of them allowed to be active at the same time, more faces. Then encourage developers to make use of these features.

The obvious most distinctive feature of our Windows Phones are the Modern UI and the live tiles. This is what is first noticed by others and peeks their interest. Let's make the most of it. I make sure my Live tiles can be seen, when I'm using my WP, in public or any time I'm around others.

Let's not be selfish and only think of yourself. (How great it would be if you could get all small tiles, you would have access to most all of your apps on one screen and look almost like an "apple phone". Kidding.)

Please, let people see your live tiles.

Last edited:

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking it would be sweet if I could have screen lock settings associated with locations. So for example, when I'm home or at my office, my phone would never lock. But when i'm out, I could have it lock within a minute or whatever I choose.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that GDR 1-3 will bring too many major changes for WP8.1 (Data toggle is surely coming in GDR1), so here's what I think 8.2 should really bring to the table.

1) 2 apps on screen, real multitasking. As Samsung and LG do with their phablets. This is REALLY important, especiall on 5" and up devices.
2) Universal landscape mode. They need to make this applicable everywhere in the OS. Even the Start Screen somehow.
3) A new, big size tile, which is equal to 2 wide tiles.
4) Actionable Live tiles. Like the ones recently shown being worked upon in the Windows Start Screen by Microsoft developers' team.
5) Share any kind of file with Bluetooth. Also multiple files.
6) When trying to share something, show ALL possible options from the start. Don't hide sharing options simply because they are not activated, e.g. Bluetooth.
7) Better adjustment overall to screen sizes. 5" or 5.5" inches and up. Show more information.
8) Option for a smaller keyboard on 5" and up devices. A keyboard should now cover half the screen of 6" device.

Dave Wheeler1

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I would like all of the features Microsoft has removed back.

? Media player controls back on the lock screen (make it an option) or at least let me adjust the length of time UVC is displayed. I hate hitting forward on UVC, wait a sec to see what song is playing go to skip forward again, aaaaand it's gone.😐

? They broke Bing vision use cases and offered no alternative. I realize it is a lens which is still available from the camera app but, unlike every other thing on my phone there is no icon in the app list (which is a huge mess now, by the way) if I tell Cortana to launch Bing vision she doesn't know what I am talking about. Really, there should be a button within Cortana, perhaps next to the music note, which can launch Bing Vision. I also think just saying "Cortana look at this"should launch it.

? Messaging hub... WHY? If people didn't like facebook messages, etc., being mixed in with SMS they had the ability to disable it... I expected MORE options to integrate, not less. Like Skype. I am completely baffled at the removal of a perfect feature. Fire the loser that made that call, and put it back!

? Overall concept of hubs. Some fool has forgotten what metro, aka Modern UI is all about. Games hub has exploded out into my apps list. Media hub has been shattered into three abysmal stand-alone turds. And people hub now offers to open Facebook, rather than just showing me a feed. Why did you disintegrate the whole concept?!?

I really like Cortana and the new home screen options and notification center, but why did we have to give up so much?

poppo101

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
A sorted list of the ringtones. Trying to find a particular ringtone is a pain. Right now it is random. It would be nice to see it alphabetically. Also separated into ringtones, notification tones, alarms etc.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I would like all of the features Microsoft has removed back.

? Media player controls back on the lock screen (make it an option) or at least let me adjust the length of time UVC is displayed. I hate hitting forward on UVC, wait a sec to see what song is playing go to skip forward again, aaaaand it's gone.😐

? They broke Bing vision use cases and offered no alternative. I realize it is a lens which is still available from the camera app but, unlike every other thing on my phone there is no icon in the app list (which is a huge mess now, by the way) if I tell Cortana to launch Bing vision she doesn't know what I am talking about. Really, there should be a button within Cortana, perhaps next to the music note, which can launch Bing Vision. I also think just saying "Cortana look at this"should launch it.

? Messaging hub... WHY? If people didn't like facebook messages, etc., being mixed in with SMS they had the ability to disable it... I expected MORE options to integrate, not less. Like Skype. I am completely baffled at the removal of a perfect feature. Fire the loser that made that call, and put it back!

? Overall concept of hubs. Some fool has forgotten what metro, aka Modern UI is all about. Games hub has exploded out into my apps list. Media hub has been shattered into three abysmal stand-alone turds. And people hub now offers to open Facebook, rather than just showing me a feed. Why did you disintegrate the whole concept?!?

I really like Cortana and the new home screen options and notification center, but why did we have to give up so much?

Untrue. People hub still shows all the feeds it always has. The new integration is better and more consistent. Before, people complained that you couldn't do things like like comments in the hub, so instead of updating so you could only for facebook to change something in their API that broke it until an OS update could be put out, they allowed deep integration with apps, so when you want to interact with a post, you get to with the full effect.

Doctor Spadus

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
MS must add a file manager, which writes and reads ALL folders in the phone, SD card, and OneDrive. It's scandalous in 2014 wp users don't have a file manager in thei system, as if they were series B users.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
MS must add a file manager, which writes and reads ALL folders in the phone, SD card, and OneDrive. It's scandalous in 2014 wp users don't have a file manager in thei system, as if they were series B users.

I agree, a full Windows Explorer-like file manager. Not just some file viewer. I want to be able to do everything I want with the files on my phone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb