The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-31-2015 03:47 PM
258 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Notification LED! I'm coming from Android and I hate having to press the lock button to see if I have any texts or emails. I actually saw a YouTube video where someone was using the Windows icon as a 'heartbeat' notification LED. Please include that in the next update!!! That is all :P
    05-30-2014 11:01 AM
    Notification LED! I'm coming from Android and I hate having to press the lock button to see if I have any texts or emails. I actually saw a YouTube video where someone was using the Windows icon as a 'heartbeat' notification LED. Please include that in the next update!!! That is all :P
    This!!!!
    However devices like the 520, 625 and 1320 don't have Windows buttons that glow
    05-30-2014 11:04 AM
    Something like "tap to top" ... Like when you're vertically scrolling the app store, news article or long lists, and you can just return to top of page you're currently on.
    Makm likes this.
    05-30-2014 01:54 PM
    Something like "tap to top" ... Like when you're vertically scrolling the app store, news article or long lists, and you can just return to top of page you're currently on.
    Yes! Ive been thinking about that, thatd be very helpful! Scrolling all the way upwards is kind of painful.
    Talk4Lig and Michael Kozak like this.
    05-30-2014 03:02 PM
    Background downloads and new ways to keep passwords just the old classic number password is not competitive and i need a good system that suspends apps in bg even if the developers do not enable it... Like recent apps and should learn a lot from android on customising and easiness in switching apps they should implement fast resume
    Talk4Lig and Brandon Tobias like this.
    05-31-2014 05:51 AM
    windows phone 8.1 turned out to be something big and unexpected with many improvements, new features and so on. but there are some features i would like to see....
    please vote for these features and share with as many people as you can.
    actionable notification, always on cortana, picture password โ€“ Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    06-02-2014 04:26 PM
    windows phone 8.1 turned out to be something big and unexpected with many improvements, new features and so on. but there are some features i would like to see....
    please vote for these features and share with as many people as you can.
    actionable notification, always on cortana, picture password โ€“ Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    So, Now that the 8.1 Preview is out and the world of technology moves so quickly, some people will already be looking to the next new and best features.

What are the top features that were missed in 8.1 do would you love to see in WP 8.2?
    06-02-2014 04:28 PM
    Spam more
    06-02-2014 05:43 PM
    Watching the iOS 8 preview yesterday, they have a lot of really cool things in the pipeline, 'we' better hurry up and get this OS up to speed quicker than the current pace. Their integration between the phone and desktop is going to be pretty amazing, SMS messages from the desktop using the phone messaging system, transfer of emails from the phone to desktop or back, brand new programming language, brand new graphics engine (although they weren't very clear about 'metal'), opening up API's for third parties. Etc, not much hardware change, but they're gonna bring on the OS changes.
    06-03-2014 08:59 AM
    If we're going the notification route, how about moving Cortana notifications there too? Seems to make more sense than a live tile at this point. I mean the info you find under the live tile, your interests so to speak.
    Last edited by mjrtoo; 06-04-2014 at 07:29 AM.
    06-04-2014 07:04 AM
    The thing about apple introducing feature to use phone from PC was introduced by Ubuntu before them so its something that must be catching attention as apple did their we made it repackaging. So id agree that we should get that on windows as well especially with all the talk of how windows is so linked with its PC counterpart.
    06-06-2014 11:34 PM
    I guess personally I'd like to have option for folders for apps that's quicker and maybe more clean than nokias app folder app. Folders under the apps in the app list would be super useful. I have over 80 apps installed and while there is the letter thing, I'd love to sort by entertainment or media or internet or camera and so on.
    06-06-2014 11:47 PM
    Scroolable tyles on notification bar
    06-07-2014 06:52 AM
    Small changes are appreciated, but major ones for me would be..

Custom vibration for notifications.
    SMS via PC?
    Customizable tiles (Option to choose transparent or coloured)
    06-08-2014 07:28 AM
    Scrollable 12 tiles on action centre
    06-09-2014 09:56 AM
    USB tethering on wp
    06-12-2014 10:53 PM
    okay so im adding some of your stuff to my list of features i want cuz yall said stuff here i did not think of

long list
    1. Lock screen needs to be more expressive / Functional (more notification icons, music controls on the lock screen with artist album and song labels (we dont need the album art like kitkat offers as the background). system wide music and volume controls will remain except on the lock screen.
    2. Lock screen lock options needed (ie picture password, voice unlock, face unlock, pattern unlock and pin).
    3. Actionable notification icons on lock screen option (double tap an icon will open the respective app).
    4. Battery percentage on lock screen while charging as well as percentage on glance screen while charging.
    5. Actionable Toast notifications mock up see attached pic.
    6. Action Center Toggles should be on and off switches not take you to the settings menu for wifi. ...** long press will take you to the setting for that toggle.
    7. Action Center Toggles should be at least 6 or more and scroll-able like Samsung does theirs.
    8. A toggle for Ring mode (Ring , Ring and Vibrate, Silent, vibrate).
    9. Action center notifications should be able to swipe left or right to dismiss them.
    10. Action Center notifications should auto collapse as more notifications come in (expandable and contractible ala android). Be granular
    11. Settings Menu can do with a tiled icon view as well as the current list view would be nice. (they will be grouped under categories)
    12. When one taps phone tile we should have the option to go right into the dialer or the recent call screen. (I would prefer a sliding interface so from the dialer slide left for recent calls etc)
    13. An all programs grid view would be nice. optional
    14. When you launch Cortina she should expect me to speak or preferably a hello cortana would launch cortana from anywhere and she would be already listening to what I have to say.
    15. Folders should be built into the os not a nokia app.
    16. Make app resume and refresh time instantaneous or allow apps to periodically refresh in the background (ie getting a notification on fb messenger is faster than on my s4 but the apps has to resume then refresh to be up to date this should be seamless like on android. Maybe as a notification comes in the app refreshes and moves to a not suspended state for at least a minute so going into the app feels faster??? idk just saying MS).
    17. More BIG Name APPS that are coded properly with Full Feature set as ANDRIOD or IOS counterpart (I.E PAY DEVLOPERS TO BUILD AND UPDATE APPS FASTER KIND OF LIKE WHAT BLACKBERRY IS DOING.) Faster App updates (yes you Instagram lazy arse and others).
    18. Natively coded Facebook app by FB please also chat heads or chat tile support would be nice for FB messenger.
    19. Power intensive apps native or not need to be refined
    20. More options under the camera UI settings menu I mean android and even BB10 have more options
    21. Notification light Support for non Nokia or devices not supporting glance screen (or an option to blink the windows key alone if notifications come in).
    22. Missing apps I need . drop box, pulse news, swarm ( foursquare replacement), Google apps (YouTube, Google search, Google+ etc), sound hound pro, and others....
    23. IR blaster support?? ** this might be there just not used on non samsung WP's
    24. Keyboard is good well done as on android phones I usually have to change it.
    Do like LG or even Fleksy for android adjustable key size would be nice, add or remove certain keys would be nice, flick to the left would be good to delete works when swype is off, manually enter words into dictionary would be nice. Would love it if Windows would allow at least fleksy to integrate its keyboard into the phone as a replacement or if yall work with fleksy and integrate some of its features.
    the WP keyboard take up alot of screen real estate that needs to fix
    25. Option to 3rd party keyboards maybe ** optional
    26. Option to separate ringtone and notification volume toggles.
    27. The X on an app in the task switcher should be a red Square with a white X in it stay true to windows please lol.
    28. Weather clock tile would be nice (I.E give the weather tile the option to show the clock on it too with options as to how you would like information displayed on the tile).
    29. Camera should show resolution options grouped under 16:9 wide or 4:3 for have resolutions to choose from and more options on the stock windows phone app.
    30. windows store needs a UI overhaul maybe sumthing like what windows 8.1.1 got.
    31. alarms app that is like the windows 8.1 version with timer and nicer UI alarm volume toggle would be cool too.
    32. snap feature ....have two apps open at once like in windows 8.1
    33. usb tether
    34. seamless integration with desktop windows i cant believe apple beat you to this considering wp and windows share so much code and a core.
    35. better music player with built in equalizers and ability to set as ring tone from music app and share via bluetooth
    36. Multi file transfer via bluetooth and more advanced bluetooth options
    37. torchlight toggle built in plz or a tile for it
    38. USB Mass storage mode
    39. more icons in the status bar one icon for all notifications don't work for me at least let us pic which shows its own icon the rest under the notification icon.
    40.Landscape support
    41.Slide Left or Right From the Lock Screen To Open an App/App position (eg:A certain Profile in Facebook) of your liking.
    New Unlock Methods.. Full Qwerty Password and Picture unlock (win8).
    42.power menu ie hold down the power button gives us power off, restart, airplane mode and other options

these are not all my ideas up to 29 are mines other are from what i saw here and other threads
    next post is the settings menu organisation

actionable notifications mock-up

fs.png
    06-13-2014 11:42 PM
    settings menu organisation

Personalize
    - Start + Theme
    - Ringtones + Sounds
    - Lock screen
    - Notification + actions

Wireless + Networks
    - airplane mode
    - WIFI
    - Bluetooth
    - Cell + Sim
    - NFC
    - VPN
    - Internet Sharing
    - Network+

Email + Accounts
    - typical add accounts
    - backup
    - sync my settings
    - workplace

Display (usual items under display +)
    - glance
    - touch
    - project my screen
    - screen rotation
    - brightness

Phone
    - accessories
    - call + Sms Filter and settings
    - audio
    - extras + info
    - about
    - phone update

Ease of Access (usual stuff under this)

Region + language
    - keyboard
    - speech
    - region
    - language
    - date + time

Sense + More
    - data sense
    - battery sense
    - storage sense
    - feedback
    - advertising id
    - quiet hours
    - driving mode
    - find my phone
    - kids corner
    06-13-2014 11:43 PM
    When windows phone 8.1 get strike my phone 520
    06-22-2014 02:07 PM
    I like Windows Phone 8/8.1 and all that it offers, it meet all my needs, but all i need is a background image in the list of applications to be in agreement with the background image from the start screen(wp 8.1 ) and a better real time notification of applications (sry for my bad enghlish )
    Joshhi likes this.
    06-22-2014 03:06 PM
    Interactive live lock screen
    06-22-2014 03:09 PM
    i like windows phone 8/8.1 and all that it offers, it meet all my needs, but all i need is a background image in the list of applications to be in agreement with the background image from the start screen(wp 8.1 ) and a better real time notification of applications (sry for my bad enghlish )

hell yes!!๐Ÿ˜„
    06-22-2014 03:47 PM
    Custom notification vibration for all notifications (SMS, PHONE, APPS ETC)
    06-25-2014 12:49 PM
    Pocket call prevention like vibration during dialing and a button/tile to instantly lock the screen before placing it in your pocket.
    07-02-2014 09:37 PM
    I would love to see a custom dictionary (SMS & email shortcuts). This is truly a feature I miss coming from a Blackberry. It has the ability to create any amount if text that will automatically appear after its user defined shortcut is typed. For example, type "sig1" for a custom signature, type "ty" and get Thank you.
    07-03-2014 05:21 AM
258 ... 45678 ...