What features do you want the most in 8.2?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So, Now that the 8.1 Preview is out and the world of technology moves so quickly, some people will already be looking to the next new and best features.

What are the top features that were missed in 8.1 do would you love to see in WP 8.2?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ability for Cortana to change reminders herself instead of asking us to do it manually.. But it's not a deal breaker for me anyways

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Smarter web fields, WP should be able to save certain info about you ex. Name, address, phone number, email address etc. The ability for it to be smarter and save this info will just be a click to fill the blank field

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
what exactly is gapless playback? does it crossfade tracks or detect when the song ends? sorry for being a tad obtuse

Think of your favorite live album....you know how in between tracks there's some crowd noise? Without gapless playback there will be a second or so of silence in between each track, instead of flowing smoothly.

It's jarring, to say the least.

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Think of your favorite live album....you know how in between tracks there's some crowd noise? Without gapless playback there will be a second or so of silence in between each track, instead of flowing smoothly.

It's jarring, to say the least.

Apples playback on there iPod and iPhones seems to have gapless playback. Faster transitions from track to track

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
More customizations on the Start Screen. :kiss:
Cortana becoming more and more human :kiss:
Stop button on Xbox Music App. :(

That's all I can think of right now.

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
?Office Universal Apps with Ribbon UI in landscape mode.
?Games back to the hub, not the App List.
?Reading List app with PC sync.
?Alarms app to be revamped to look more like Windows 8's.

I know Cortana is in Beta but, anyway.
  • Cortana to be in Spanish and other languages. Or at least to not have the need to change the whole system's language in order to use it.
  • Cortana to use HERE Maps instead of Bing ones (HERE has much more information about my country, for example).
  • Better context recognition, eg: "Make this alarm" and then "Cancel it". "Who's Barack Obama", then "How tall is he?"
  • Cortana to be integrated with Rotten Tomatoes and so on to ask her about movies, and why not, with IGN and ask her about videogames and their scores aswell.
  • Back and forth conversations with Cortana (chit chat).

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I want the ability to turn on/off mobile data in the action center! Please please please! I don't quite understand why it isn't there in the first place and other things like VPN made it....

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Smarter Cortana!
Ability to have more than 4 or 5 quick toggles in the action center!
Photos Hub! I loved those background images of my Favorited Pictures!
E-Mail App Improvements!
More reliable Notifications!
Picture or Pattern Lock! (Not Like Android, But "Metroish")
Change in the layout of "Settings".. Make it more simple!
Add Back the Online Messenger in the Messaging hub/SMS App!
BATTERY IMPROVEMENTS!!
A revamped Office!
More and More Start Screen Customization along with the App List!

ekiRYL

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
i heard some news, Cortana support for 15 language... :v
and will be cortana support in countries in South-East Asia? :D

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
A sorted list in the 'Settings' ... may be by use or alphabetically. At present on day one something is on top and then after updates it goes to the bottom of the settings menu!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo