What features do you want the most in 8.2?

Gaurav Kushwaha

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
EAP-TTLS/PAP authentication. Android's phase 2 authentication options. WP8.1 preview only has EAP-TTLS. Many enterprises and universities use phase 2 authentication. Copy from android atleast.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
-actionable notifications
-interactive live tiles
-larger size for live tiles (Like Windows 8) and maybe only these tiles can be interactive because they're bigger, the size of 2 double wide tiles stacked on top of each other

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
File-Manager.................

What else could be more important than that?

i dont know why everyone is creating such a hype for requesting a file manager. Why do you need it ? Doesn't wp do all that stuff already ?
AND, in case you need to do some more stuff, download pocket file manager by amaze studios, you wont ever ask for a file manager after that, its amazing and does everything you may want from a file manager, and more ! Its fully fully functional ! (trial version doesn't give you ftp access and doesn't let you delete files, rest is functional)
Try it, I've never asked for a file manager after i started using it.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
i dont know why everyone is creating such a hype for requesting a file manager. Why do you need it ? Doesn't wp do all that stuff already ?
AND, in case you need to do some more stuff, download pocket file manager by amaze studios, you wont ever ask for a file manager after that, its amazing and does everything you may want from a file manager, and more ! Its fully fully functional ! (trial version doesn't give you ftp access and doesn't let you delete files, rest is functional)
Try it, I've never asked for a file manager after i started using it.

I don't know why people ask importance of File-Manager.
If you don't need it that doesn't mean other users don't need it.
You guys are quite similar those people who think phone is just for calling nothing else and smartphone are useless.

and yeah! WP can't do stuff properly without file manager.

and why I need a File Manager I'll just copy paste my previous response on this question

I have tones of pics in my phone including family, friends,, parties pics and lots of others.
Now i need to organised them in separate folder.
Same applied with documents too.
My finance subject documents in different folder
My computer document in diferent and other in different.
I don't want to see hotch potch everywhere.
right now their are 48 office documents are in my phone. I want them to organize, so that when ever required I don't need to search a particular document through all 48 documents.

Same applied with videos
Tv shows in different folder
Movies in different
Personal in different
And others in different

and Yeah! I am using Pocket for a while and deleting is very important feature for me
and hunting for that particular file from several's files is really a pain.
So, I need a file manager which can do - create Folders, delete Folders, moving files one folder to another, and can arranging files in date or name etc

SergeMcG

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The possibility to read, write, send sms from my PC connected to my Windows Phone.
It is amazing how useful it is. This was something given for granted on Symbian devices.

Much faster typing, better ergonomics and my manager cannot tell if I'm working or checking messages on my phone!
I even used to send messages to clients instead of leaving vm. So easy to copy and paste the phone number from the CRM to Nokia Suite, write a message and send.
:) Please Microsoft/Nokia bring back this very simple and very useful feature back to life.

mattmclovinlane

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I want to be able to support more multimedia functions for playing video streams from the web. Such as being able to open and play .m3u files natively or being able to open the files in another App. specifically H264 codec, and MPEG2 support.

Last edited:

anon(8504076)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
The option to set ringtone from the music library without fiddling with stuff Just press the three dots tap "Set as Ringtone" Done It should be that easy

ezraofcebu

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
couldn't as for more. i guess what needs to be addressed is the app quality making every app run as smooth as the OS per se and a bit more of windows phone games

dharma teja1

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Wp 8.2 features should include:
1.Multi file transfer via bluetooth.
2.Ringtone setting through SD card from phone
3.Ability to lock messages and specific apps with password
4.Better lock screen themes.
5.Bluetooth file sending or receiving should show in notification center.
6.Better file management.
7.Some offline mode for cortana
8.Normal keyboard.
9.5 quick settings in normal phones (4" to 5") display.
10.Quick settings must include mobile data option and NFC.
11.App sorting if possible.
12.Built in stop watch and torch.
13.Downloads folder with live tile (That show all downloads including store).
14.True caller should integrate in calling
15.In photos hub..(It should include size of photo and set as wall paper nd lockscreen options)
16.While setting lock screen photo it should not restricit the size (add custom croping of size)
17.Write name in dialer
18.More colors than black/white
19.Send photos in full resolution by email
20.Fill the app gap as soon as possible
21.Settings list is long..Sort it by category.
22.Photos hub and videos must be seperated
23.More back grounds as in windows 8...nd accent colour should be manual
24.Bluetooh option should appear even bluetooth is off while sending a file.

People who saw this thread add some features that are needed in wp 8.2

Last edited:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Selected copy from text messages. Not the entire message that we have now.
Search button in calendar.
Better DLNA support (send and receive).

WinOMG

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
What We Want in Windows Phone 8.2/9!

I believe dreams can come true, so I'm gonna share this!

Important things:

1.) Make it optional to include games on app list. Some people hate it because it makes it disorganized, but people switching from Android or iPhone might like it. You guys should include a button that SAVES YOUR INPUT below the search button on the top of the list.

2.) AssistiveTouch, negative colors, and camera flash for missed notifications OF CHOICE on Ease of Access. AssistiveTouch is an always-on-top menu for quick accessibility. When you tap on it, it expands and gives quick options to do things. And if you make the screen negative option, don't give it a cheap effect. Make it ripple, fade, or do something cool when you tap on it, just like the start screen after a phone update. :p

3.) Allow cut and define along with copy and paste. Copy and cut would be in completely different clipboards. And if you made a clipboard manager, that would be very helpful AND UNIQUE.

4.) Allow Driving Mode to work with AND without a Bluetooth connection, because not all cars have Bluetooth, and that defeats the purpose of it. Cortana could automatically turn it on BY OPTION if she detects you are moving.

5.) Arrange Settings alphabetically like app list. Also include a more button (?) to also make it sortable by most frequently used and function.

6.) Personalize vibration options. Set vibrations for contacts, message types, Action Center, and also be able to make your own custom vibrations like Android.

7.) Add stop button to music controls so we don't have to restart or download an app to remove the music from volume controls.

8.) Hold power and volume down to record screen. It would be nice because the screenshot is power and volume up, which is opposite. Yes, we know Narrator on Ease of Access already occupies that, but you should change it. It would be better if to activate it you hold Start key because that's easier and it's under EASE OF ACCESS.

9.) Smart Stay and Scroll so screen doesn't turn off when you're looking at it. It would use the front facing camera. To save battery, it could use accelerometer, ambient light sensor, and proximity sensor to activate (only if these components use less power). Or it could turn off when Battery Saver is active (this would be optional).

10.) More locking options of lock screen such as voice command, face recognition, CAPTCHA code, dot pattern, color match, and password. PIN is not enough. Make it OPTIONAL to swipe like the usual and display a button that activates your current configuration. So if you want face recognition, you swipe as if you were to type your PIN and press the button and it takes a picture of your face to analyze it. It would also be nice if this was automatically enabled by OPTION on Battery Saver mode. You could also enable this for Wallet. Also, it says "Enter your password" at the moment on the swipe of lock screen, and honestly that's not true because there's no letter option. Just numbers.

11.) SUPPORT for LED indicator, IR transmitter, temperature, humidity, heartbeat sensor, and gesture hardware components. Cortana could use information from them. You could say "Turn on the TV and go to channel 2" and Cortana would search for available devices or scan for them and do it. If Cortana knows your Cable/Satellite provider, it could perform requests like "Go to Cartoon Network." This is like an advanced version of the Galaxy S4 one. This feature with Cortana could be added later like in Windows Phone 10/11. It would also be cool if you could ask Cortana the temperature of the area. Cortana will read the temperature of the room and tell you. And if it's humid, Cortana could be like "You're taking a shower. Get me out of here!" This Cortana idea is a little too extreme, but is just an idea. The concept of including the hardware is not that bad. This will not be available to phones without the hardware.

12.) (Bug.) Fix lag problem. Scrolling is funky sometimes. It goes faster and slower. Also the start screen takes a while to appear and most of the tiles are transparent while it loads. Take a look here: http://snag.gy/j31Cp.jpg

Not-So-Important-But-Awesome:

1.) Turn on Cortana by saying "Hi Cortana" or any specified saying. This feature is OPTIONAL to turn off with Battery Saver.

2.) Be able to scroll through quick settings on Action Center like Android, but be able to arrange it by tapping and holding. Also include a button to display all quick settings in a window without having to go to the Settings list.

3.) Better conversations on Cortana and support to open URL's. If you say, "Go to yahoo.com," it won't work. Make Cortana be able to tell you traffic. Also add more commands to command list because it can do more than it says. If Cortana can do 50 things, and you only list 10, that will turn people off.

4.) Double tap to turn off screen on lock screen. They said this would be available, but it's not.

5.) USB notifications of non-adequate power and more. They said this would be available, but it's not.

6.) Option to type numerical amount of time for screen to turn off and lock such as "125 seconds" or "after 20 times." Not a drop down list with like 5 options.

7.) Set default messaging app. They said this would be available, but it's not. A lot of people use Kik because they can't afford to pay for SMS and MMS.

8.) Allow custom keyboard colors. It's not needed, but would be fun. Like the on-screen buttons on some Windows Phones, you can make it optional to match background or accent.

9.) Include PhotoSynth mode on camera and make it so you can pull the buttons and the choices come out for ISO and white balance like Nokia Camera. If you don't know what PhotoSynth is, it's an app that makes panoramas. Slow-Motion mode would also rock, as well as High-Speed mode.

10.) Add screen turnoff and turn-on OPTIONS like fade or TV flicker. Our phone screens just turn off instantly with no effect. It could be like iPhone and fade out/in on press of power button. It could have a classic effect like an old TV, and have that weird white flicker.

Minor Bugs that are Easy to Fix:

1.) Fix typos. Do on Phone Update and Game Hub by removing space from the last word and ellipsis. Fix typo on call history by adding space between last letter and parentheses. Also fix typo on Cortana when asking to call someone. She adds an extra space and she puts an unnecessary comma. For example, if you tell her to call a number like "479-765-3248," and it's the number of someone in the contact list, she will be like "Calling Mom, ."

2.) Fix screen rotation bug on About. You lock it and it still rotates. Same also with calculator. It makes sense for Calculator due to different functions on rotate, but locking is locking. No exceptions.

3.) Fix camera bug. You click the camera roll circle, delete all photos, and you get a black screen. You might have to restart the app.

4.) Fix favorites button on photos bug. You tap it twice, and it works. Then you have to double-tap or triple-tap on the next taps for some strange reason.

I hope you all like these ideas. They are great and would literally KILL competition with the other phones. We must keep with the flow. Small things can be big. There are A LOT of small things in 8.1 that we love. These ideas aren't a big waste of time for Microsoft. They have effects of us. Microsoft releases tons of IMPORTANT minor things no one thinks about, and don't care that they do, such as security updates on Windows. Please, don't reject. Love all great ideas, and spread the word!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: What We Want in Windows Phone 8.2/9!

Okay, nothing you have is unresonable, but so much of your list is obviously things that will come in the form of firmware and OS updates in the next 6 months or so. Others- such as moving the games list and record screen buttons, are personal preference.

A lot of them though- #4-#7, #10, and #11 of your top list and your entire second list- are all very fun/practicle suggestions.

Let's see how MS reacts to the feedback of 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo