What features do you want the most in 8.2?

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Windows 8.2 = Windows 8.0 unmolested + 8.1 additions + file manager :devil:

By the time 8.2 is released I would like to hope that MS has created or helped to create solid apps that we are missing now.

RahulBinjve

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
* My suggestions:

1. Full fledged file manager, obviously.

2. More toggles in action centre. List could be horizontally scrollable.

3. Long press on toggles in action centre should open more settings. Just like it happens with Wi-Fi now.

4. Less cluttered Settings page. For example, settings related to display like glance, time out, brightness, wake up, etc could be list on one place.

5. Ability to sort out app list and also viewing options other than list.

6. Ability to dismiss the individual notifications of a particular app. As of now, if my WhatsApp shows 5 msgs, if I swipe right, it'll dismiss all the notifications.

7. Optional: Ability to reply from notification centre only. :D

8. Cut & Share option along with copy and paste in text editing.

9. Keyboard shortcuts, anyone? Like if I write WP, it should be able to transform it to Windows Phone. :D

10. When you select a text it IE, other than copy, there should be a search option, too. UC Browser provides this option.

11. Support for more codecs in default video player, anyone?

RahulBinjve

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
You can!!!

When you have text selected hit the hardware search button.
Hi,
what I meant was, when you select a text from Web page, it shows you option to copy the selected text. There should also be an option for searching the selected text.
I tried the above trick, didn't work for me.

50ShadesOfDJWS

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
-Interactive live tiles
-option for tile opacity and background as well as skinning tiles
-more games/apps
-Swipe from left to view or use other activities or apps (Like the pc and tablet)
-Grouping apps in the menu
-PROPER folders
-more organised settings
- An even more interactive Cortana
-Even more advanced swipe keyboard allowing the swipe key to work with spacebar

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Extensible hubs, building on what they did removing Facebook from the people hub I would like to see the ability for other apps to plug into the messaging and photos hubs to provide their functionality within the native hubs. I would also like to see Instagram and path be allowed to plug into the people hub as well.

ptrkhh

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
From Windows Mobile
Holding volume down button till the end mutes all the volume (media and ringer)
USB Mass Storage mode, MTP just isn't reliable and versatile enough

From WP7
Music tiles with artist name and picture all the time
Text selector (tap-and-hold, the selector appears above)
Large title font in people hub and games hub. To extend usability, it could be smaller than WP7, but not as small as WP8.1 which renders the parallax scrolling meaningless.
System tray icons should auto-hide, and appears only when needed

From WP8
Games hub, its quicker! And games aren't listed in app list.
Pressing back on IE doesn't close the tab, but instead lets it load in background
IE performance (snappy!)
Opening a video on IE launches landscape and fullscreen video. Why would I want to watch 2'' video on my 4'' screen?
Keep the beautiful clutter-free layout of builtin apps like Store. The Store is very crowded now.
The ability to see the upcoming music in the playlist in the main music screen (tap volume button, tap music name, look at the upcoming song). In my opinion, the upcoming song should appear as a ghost notification in the action center

From WP8.1
People hub-style 3rd party integration for Messaging hub, Music+Video hub, Photos hub (single thread for SMS, WhatsApp, LINE, Skype, etc!)
Higher resolution burst mode (4MP with 0.5s period would be perfect)

From Windows 8.1
The app behavior and reliability (no Resuming..., although it has improved a lot in WP8.1)
File Manager (I don't care what you say, I want it!)
App categorization (then games can be listed here)
Recent items in the PC Settings

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I want the Facebook integration in hub nd me tile back

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Facebook integration is still there, you need to download the app. The Me tile is still there as well people hub > tap your tile at the top > tap pin button on the app bar!!!

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Very very very first thing I want is libraries to be opened. (save/send mp3 files via whatsapp. Save videos/mp3 from OneDrive to phones storage) For now just one damn OneDrive back that doesn't work (upload) at all on my 928 after 8.1

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Smarter web fields, WP should be able to save certain info about you ex. Name, address, phone number, email address etc. The ability for it to be smarter and save this info will just be a click to fill the blank field

Do you mean Auto Complete, bbecause that's what I've been saying WP needs.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I use the multitasking view a lot. Today I was thinking how much better it would be to just swipe left on the start screen to go strait into it. It would be so much faster than moving my thumb down to the back button. I also submitted a feature request for this if anyone wants to help vote it up. Swipe left on Start to goto multitasking view. ?€“ Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

There's just one problem with that, apps allow you to swipe to the left as well, if the multitasking view is supposed to be available everywhere then a swipe to the left would be impossible to implement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes