What features do you want the most in 8.2?

paraesthetic

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Cortana to more accurately find dates and times from emails, She often finds times, but not the dates or vise versa. Would love if she was improved to work out times and dates together.

Deepak kumar M

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Old music+video app.. And i need a launcher like in android like it would ask us if i want to open a link in uc or in ie.. And photos app too.. Then a good user interface for settings it should be organized. And new action centre changes to set some more quick launches...... Plus a new organised way for notifications with each app like other Os and even a new quick links for action centre

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
How about automatic app uninstall? Of course it would be optional, and ask for confirmation if used. But for example, I have lots of apps I simply don't use anymore and don't care about them. Sure I could go through and delete them manually, but I often forget they are even on my phone unless I go through the apps list, which I hardly ever do. When in there I just search, or use a pinned app on Start.

I also would like to see the ability to remove apps from 'my apps' on WP or on win 8 'your apps' list. I try a lot of apps, if I don't like them, I would like to never see them listed (as if I never installed them in the first place)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Option to change lock screen background vs time or location. I'd like to show xbox album art on my lock screen, but not while I'm at work. Could be part of a general visual profiles option. Other example: auto select bright UI during the day and dark UI at night / in the club.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ability to update the phone via PC, like we used to do in Zune. It should be kept as an option in the Windows phone app for desktop application. Everyone doesn't have Wi-Fi. Please vote for this feature here-

Give the option to update the phone by connecting to PC....not everyone has a Wi-Fi connection :'( – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

I'm not trying to be a ******* here,.. But do you actually know someone who has absolutely no access to wifi? Even if you don't have it at home, there's tons of free wifi everywhere. I find it hard to believe that someone in the 21st century who owns a smartphone has no access to wifi.

But yeah, I could see a point in just updating through a pc too.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not trying to be a ******* here,.. But do you actually know someone who has absolutely no access to wifi? Even if you don't have it at home, there's tons of free wifi everywhere. I find it hard to believe that someone in the 21st century who owns a smartphone has no access to wifi.

But yeah, I could see a point in just updating through a pc too.

I don't want to be rude, but there is a world outside the US too, you know. In India very few people have Wi-Fi. Most of them use 2g, or wired internet(LAN) via PCs.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to be rude, but there is a world outside the US too, you know. In India very few people have Wi-Fi. Most of them use 2g, or wired internet(LAN) via PCs.

I'm also not trying to be rude (wow, such wonderful people at one place), but even in Serbia (which is far worse than India I suppose) we have WiFi everywhere. Almost every home that has access to Internet has also a WiFi router. Not only that but there's also free WiFi hotspots around the town (even in the smallest towns). And another method you can do is (if you have a WiFi card on your PC or a laptop), share your LAN connection by WiFi.

These are all "workarounds", but I agree that the option to update via PC would be nice. Just in case someone needs it. Though that requires MS to build a full client for WP (like Nokia had with their Nokia Suite).

Talkin' about Nokia Suite, have you tried that? Can you update your system with that program? IDK since I dont have a WP yet, but I can do it with my N8.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm also not trying to be rude (wow, such wonderful people at one place), but even in Serbia (which is far worse than India I suppose) we have WiFi everywhere. Almost every home that has access to Internet has also a WiFi router. Not only that but there's also free WiFi hotspots around the town (even in the smallest towns). And another method you can do is (if you have a WiFi card on your PC or a laptop), share your LAN connection by WiFi.

These are all "workarounds", but I agree that the option to update via PC would be nice. Just in case someone needs it. Though that requires MS to build a full client for WP (like Nokia had with their Nokia Suite).

Talkin' about Nokia Suite, have you tried that? Can you update your system with that program? IDK since I dont have a WP yet, but I can do it with my N8.
Yeah, I'll admit I don't get around the planet much. I live here in the US and have visited Canada, but I would assume that everyone can at least find a hotspot somewhere. It's amazing how people who live in the US and places like it, just assume that the rest of the world has nothing.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So, just thought.. The Map app shows nearby wifi. So I just zoomed into the middle of india, kept zooming into the random town that was nearby. And the app found all kinds of wifi.

Bm1qjjSCAAE-0kS.jpg

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I used to use Nokia suite to update my old Nokia 3110 Classic. It was the best PC client I ever used-It allowed me to send messages and call via the PC itself, when the handset is connected via Bluetooth. Even android doesn't have such features in any of the PC clients I have seen.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
So, just thought.. The Map app shows nearby wifi. So I just zoomed into the middle of india, kept zooming into the random town that was nearby. And the app found all kinds of wifi.

View attachment 65498
I think that would be corporate Wi-Fi, we have lots of MNCs here. Very few hotels and caf?s have access to free or public Wi-Fi. Some colleges too offer ' Wi-Fi' Campuses here in India.

zantobhurgo

May 5, 2014
Visit site
please fix the email client, there is absolutely no need to maintain the same aspect ratio of portrait mode when you rotate the phone to landscape mode.

i rotate the screen so i can read a longer line of text and the email app increases the font size but maintains the aspect ratio.

Samuel Sundin

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
It would be nice if the settings were organized in a better and perhaps more stylish way. It's a bit messy with everyting in long list, where many of the settings even have similar names so it's a bit cofusing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte