What features do you want the most in 8.2?

misfitpierce

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Change the background to more than just black or white behind the tiles. Also downloading in the background in certain apps wouldn't be bad. Also perhaps thumbnail app layout for when you have a ton of apps but still scrolls down like it does now or folders in the app menu in list view as it is now. Those would all be great.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
?More options in the action centre, like the Android devices. (Cellular setting is a must!)
?More sizes of the tiles.
?Live wallpapers in the home screen background and start screen. (Like some dancing leaves in the wind, dandelions flying in the air, the water waves appearing when the screen is touched, etc...)

MrRager22

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Notification LED! I'm coming from Android and I hate having to press the lock button to see if I have any texts or emails. I actually saw a YouTube video where someone was using the Windows icon as a 'heartbeat' notification LED. Please include that in the next update!!! That is all :p

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Notification LED! I'm coming from Android and I hate having to press the lock button to see if I have any texts or emails. I actually saw a YouTube video where someone was using the Windows icon as a 'heartbeat' notification LED. Please include that in the next update!!! That is all :p

This!!!!
However devices like the 520, 625 and 1320 don't have Windows buttons that glow

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Something like "tap to top" ... Like when you're vertically scrolling the app store, news article or long lists, and you can just return to top of page you're currently on.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Something like "tap to top" ... Like when you're vertically scrolling the app store, news article or long lists, and you can just return to top of page you're currently on.

Yes! Ive been thinking about that, thatd be very helpful! Scrolling all the way upwards is kind of painful.

Deepak kumar M

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Background downloads and new ways to keep passwords just the old classic number password is not competitive and i need a good system that suspends apps in bg even if the developers do not enable it... Like recent apps and should learn a lot from android on customising and easiness in switching apps they should implement fast resume

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
windows phone 8.1 turned out to be something big and unexpected with many improvements, new features and so on. but there are some features i would like to see....
please vote for these features and share with as many people as you can.
actionable notification, always on cortana, picture password – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
So, Now that the 8.1 Preview is out and the world of technology moves so quickly, some people will already be looking to the next new and best features.

What are the top features that were missed in 8.1 do would you love to see in WP 8.2?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Watching the iOS 8 preview yesterday, they have a lot of really cool things in the pipeline, 'we' better hurry up and get this OS up to speed quicker than the current pace. Their integration between the phone and desktop is going to be pretty amazing, SMS messages from the desktop using the phone messaging system, transfer of emails from the phone to desktop or back, brand new programming language, brand new graphics engine (although they weren't very clear about 'metal'), opening up API's for third parties. Etc, not much hardware change, but they're gonna bring on the OS changes.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If we're going the notification route, how about moving Cortana notifications there too? Seems to make more sense than a live tile at this point. I mean the info you find under the live tile, your interests so to speak.

Last edited:

misfitpierce

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
The thing about apple introducing feature to use phone from PC was introduced by Ubuntu before them so its something that must be catching attention as apple did their we made it repackaging. So id agree that we should get that on windows as well especially with all the talk of how windows is so linked with its PC counterpart.

misfitpierce

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I guess personally I'd like to have option for folders for apps that's quicker and maybe more clean than nokias app folder app. Folders under the apps in the app list would be super useful. I have over 80 apps installed and while there is the letter thing, I'd love to sort by entertainment or media or internet or camera and so on.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Small changes are appreciated, but major ones for me would be..

Custom vibration for notifications.
SMS via PC?
Customizable tiles (Option to choose transparent or coloured)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss