What features do you want the most in 8.2?

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Ios doesn't have applock.

be2yvu4e.png

There are ways to lock apps on ios.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
It's not the official applocker as present in Android. If you counted it that way, then even WP has applocker apps. But I prefer using Kids Corner,It is just like a guest account on a Windows PC 💻. Dunno why people are hell-bent on Applocker when there is such an easier and effective alternative on the phone itself,without even downloading and installing any
App :p

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It's not the official applocker as present in Android. If you counted it that way, then even WP has applocker apps. But I prefer using Kids Corner,It is just like a guest account on a Windows PC 💻. Dunno why people are hell-bent on Applocker when there is such an easier and effective alternative on the phone itself,without even downloading and installing any
App :p

I don't prefer kids corner. Everyone has different choices. Applock on WP which you talking about is of no use. IOS app lock is similar to android only difference is official and unofficial

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
1. if I need to do something on the phone during a call, the call window keeps poping up again especially if I try to use the action menu or other things on top of the screen like SIM programs. I guess messing around on the top of the screen disturbs the proximity sensor first of all. I hope they will do something about that as checking things on a phone during a call is really common. I would like to be able to open OneNote and take notes during a call also, so they could have implemented that in the call app.

2. The setings menu is a bit of a mess now. They should make groups, or the option of favourites. Perhaps even have some kind of Icons or colour code to make it easier to find what you are looking for.

3. The search button seems to give very little functionality. they could add the option of more search engines in here or open up the possibility of adding custom search apps, like search for phone number apps etc. With this big empty screen, what about a menu to choose more advanced search options.. perhaps show a list of the latest news or RSS feeds. Its just a big and usually nice picture in there right now mostly. Lost of real estate to use for other useful things

4:

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
1. if I need to do something on the phone during a call, the call window keeps poping up again especially if I try to use the action menu or other things on top of the screen like SIM programs. I guess messing around on the top of the screen disturbs the proximity sensor first of all. I hope they will do something about that as checking things on a phone during a call is really common. I would like to be able to open OneNote and take notes during a call also, so they could have implemented that in the call app.

2. The setings menu is a bit of a mess now. They should make groups, or the option of favourites. Perhaps even have some kind of Icons or colour code to make it easier to find what you are looking for.

3. The search button seems to give very little functionality. they could add the option of more search engines in here or open up the possibility of adding custom search apps, like search for phone number apps etc. With this big empty screen, what about a menu to choose more advanced search options.. perhaps show a list of the latest news or RSS feeds. Its just a big and usually nice picture in there right now mostly. Lost of real estate to use for other useful things

4:
I agree 😊 Would only add that I have this big @ss phone 1520 and could really benefit from split screen functionality.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Why are you even locking your phone? If you don't want someone to look at your info just don't give them your phone, or simply lock it (lock the phone, not the specific apps).
So useless, but it's just that Android has it and now we also for some reason need it.
Foolish.

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Applock is a cool but not necessary feature in android that can be mitigated with kids corner although I don't like that on kids corner it's possible to access photos to choose a background
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Simple thing first: mail background that follow the phone's theme colour

So often I opened mail in the night. Mailbox is black as the rest of the system apps. But open a mail and it's the blinding white light all over the screen.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
something very simple but helpful shouldve been added

I was hoping that in future updates for 8.1 we can finally have control over refreshing our home screen. I think pulling/swiping the home screen downwards until it cant go down anymore should make up for a nice gesture to refresh all the tiles like "photos" tile, tile notifications count , etc.
what do you peeps think ?

ndutznul

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
just simple request
Native video call please..., i know there skype but have an option not bad at all.
this day only Sam phone that have native video call.

Joaquim Reis

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I would like to have a different kind of lock just like W8.
I mean, right now you can add a code to your phone that you can input to unlock it, but i would like something like W8, where we could, in a image, choose some spots, or make a draw to unlock the phone.
I think this would be more intuitive and dinamic in a smarthphone.

Besides that, i think that they need to organize settings menu. Its a pain to find something there, since everytime something updates, changes position

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
A fastlane feature from Nokia into lumia phones.please Nokia release it with your next update

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Last edited:

charlie2128

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
What i'd like to see in WP 8.2 is :-
Print emails from the phone using os
torch and (timer, stop watch, alarm) in the action centre (no third party apps needed)

On another note i would like Window Phone to put more pressure on big named App companies to create windows app...... Garmin, Strava, Santander to name just a few that i used to use on my old iPhone before seeing the light and getting 930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium