What features do you want the most in 8.2?

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
A way to expand alerts content in the Action Center. Like with ESPN, I want to see the whole message with the breaking news...not just the first few words.

Klark Ooi

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
please can EVERYONE vote for MS to replace the App list UI with something better and smarter way to group and manage the installed apps? I have been waiting for more than 3 yrs to see this change. We only have 2 UI in WP, primary tile page is good, another can be much better. Wonder what stopping MS to do this :-(.

WP7Nettwerk

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
PPTP, L2TP, L2TP/IPsec. Next I'd like to see in next update catogeries like at the moment if you open Live folder it split with line and name with it. You know what I mean. More background colors not just black and white. Change background or message color in sms app.

WP7Nettwerk

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Here are the features I want the most:

• Full support for editing Outlook (Exchange Server) appointments and tasks -- I don't want to keep going to Microsoft Outlook just to edit appointments and tasks. I want to do the editing on my Windows Phone. I want to be able to set categories. I want to create recurring and regenerating tasks using only my phone.

Jargonz this works with Microsoft Exchange. I'm using Office 365 and no any issue to edit, update, change appointments, tasks, meetings.

SymoClod

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see a decent password manager built into IE. A proper one requiring a master password, option for two step verification. The current 'remember my password' option doesn't seem particularly secure. I know 3rd party apps are available but they require cutting and pasting etc... Obviously should sync to IE across PC and tablets too. MS should have and publicise a high level of security for it.

trevvy

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
After reading a few other posts here and there I add:
-decent embedded password safe
-sms confirmation integrated with each sms, not apart
-improve music player as in install a "stop music" function so it saves on having to download an app for just that!
Thanks!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
PPTP, L2TP, L2TP/IPsec. Next I'd like to see in next update catogeries like at the moment if you open Live folder it split with line and name with it. You know what I mean. More background colors not just black and white. Change background or message color in sms app.

L2TP/IPsec in GDR1 already.

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Jargonz this works with Microsoft Exchange. I'm using Office 365 and no any issue to edit, update, change appointments, tasks, meetings.
You missed the point. I said "FULL support for editing Outlook (Exchange Server) appointments and tasks". Windows Phone offers only partial support. Try applying a category to your appointment using the Calendar app on your phone. You can't. The Calendar app doesn't support it. You'll need the full version of Microsoft Outlook to do that. Try creating a regenerating task using your phone. You can't. You'll need the full version of Microsoft Outlook to do that. The Calendar app doesn't even indicate if a task is regenerating.

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Quick action center data toggle. And battery tweaks.

Floating buttons on the bottom of the screen. Phone SMS mail calendar internet

Or

When moving one tile, color change for just that tile. Want my phone button to be green

Last edited:

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
1) Interactive toast notifications;

2) Wish-list in the Store;

3) Ability to dismiss only one notification from an app in the action center instead of the hole group of notifications that belong to that app.

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Here are the features I want the most:

• Option to override regional settings such as measurement system and date format -- This feature is supported in Windows through a Control Panel dialog box. This feature was supported in Windows Mobile through registry settings. I want the same capability in Windows Phone. The reason is that Microsoft keeps putting the wrong configurations in the regional settings. I want the override feature so I could correct Microsoft's mistakes.
  • Full support for editing Outlook (Exchange Server) appointments and tasks -- I don't want to keep going to Microsoft Outlook just to edit appointments and tasks. I want to do the editing on my Windows Phone. I want to be able to set categories. I want to create recurring and regenerating tasks using only my phone.
  • Option to set the minimum brightness in automatic brightness mode -- In automatic brightness mode, the minimum brightness is just too dim. I want to be able to increase the minimum brightness to make the display readable in the dark.

I forgot to include the following features I also want:

• Separate notification settings for SMS messages from unknown sources -- I receive spam SMS messages everyday. I don't want to be alerted every time my phone receives a spam message. Blocking the spammers' phone numbers won't work because they keep using different numbers. They probably buy many prepaid SIMs that they use only once and then discard afterwards. One solution to this spam problem is to have separate notification settings for SMS messages from sources that are not on my contacts list and not from the carrier. With this feature, I could just disable all notifications for these messages except the live tile. Then I could check for spam messages only when I have time.
  • Ability to buy an app or game as a gift for someone else -- I want to buy an app or game from the Windows Store as a gift for someone else. The recipient of the gift should have the option to reject the gift (in case the recipient finds the gift offensive).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo